Monday, 7 January 2013

Monday again and it's back to work for many

Hi everyone,

I know for many of you today will be your first day back at work after the Christmas break.

I am indeed fortunate that this wasn't the case in our house though we did get up pretty early, a little after 07:00 - I blame those blooming crows/jackdaws or whatever the heck they are. Another communal gathering in the adjacent trees - what a racket they do make? Hard to sleep through it but at least this time of year their racket is 7:00 - 8:00 rather than the 04:00 ish kick off in the summer - oh boy, I can hardly wait!!!

Hubby headed off to Gloucester this morning but seemed destined for a slow journey as the traffic reports mentioned an accident on the A38 between us and the motorway and also a broken down vehicle in the roadworks on the M4 between the M32 and M5 so there didn't seem to be an easy way out of town this morning - hope he didn't make bad time as it will make his day longer than necessary.

Me? I tidied up and did a few bits and pieces before heading to Aldi where I needed a few things - including something for himself as part of his birthday giftie - hope he'll like it! Once home it was time to pour a cuppa and then set to crafting! Here's what I came up with ......


Materials used:
  • 14½ cm square white, 300 gsm scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • 14 cm square panel or red card with corners edged and/or rounded
  • 11½ x 7½ cm  panel of black card
  • 11 x 7 cm panel of silver mirri card
  • Red satin ribbon with "Merry Christmas" repeated along its length
  • 7½ x 9 cm panel of black card
  • 7 x 8½ cm panel of red card
  • 6½ x 8 cm panel of white card - edged using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Inkadinkado Santa stamped on to white card panel using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Alcohol markers used to colour image
  • Frosted lace stickles to highlight Santa's beard

I'm entering this for the 52 (Christmas) card throwdown challenge and have used their sketch


Happy Monday - hope your first day back isn't too bad


11 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Making a good start on your christmas cards already then!!

catherine said...

Great project kathy and sounds like you have had a productive morning. hope hubby's travel plans went ok. Off to the docs now as I thnk this infetion may need some antibiotics!!
x catherine

Lauren Hatwell said...

A great addition to your Christmas card staaaash Your Purpleness. I love the little punched holly leaves in the corner. Very nice. Lx

Louise van Vuren said...

I heard some terrible noises outside last night too, must be something upsetting these birds! Anyway, love your fab Christmas card, great image set off by the silver mirri card! Thanks for playing along with us this week at 52 CCT

Louise xx

Ruth M said...

What a wonderful Christmas card Kathy, who could resist that happy Santa face?! Lovely vibrant colour combo and a great take on the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with us at 52 {C}CT and I hope you join us again very soon!
Ruth x

Debs M said...

well done on getting started on your crimble cards!looks fabby x

Darnell J Knauss said...

Great start on your cards for 2013, Kathy! I love that Santa! I haven't been over to see you for a few days and I miss a lot when I don't do that! I've just spent a lovely time catching up and admiring all your creations! Thanks for that tip about the IKEA parcel wrap. I love what you've done with it!!

Mynnette said...

I just LOVE Aldi. Best store ever! ;) I LOVE this card, too! The silver mirror card is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at 52CCT! I hope you can play along with us again next week! :)

Danielle Vincent said...

Gorgeous sparkly card and that happy Santa is just too cute. I love your scalloped edges. Thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT!

Katiejane said...

Happy New Year Kathy and Steve! I hope you both had a wonderful Christmas. I can't believe you are already crafting for the next one, how organized are you?

Poor Steve in all that traffic! I think Aldi and a spot of crafting was the nicer option.

All the very best for 2013, may all your dreams come true.

Katie xx

My name is Wynneth said...

Smashing Chrimbo card young kathy, I do love that very sweet and jolly Inkadinka Santa - didn't get him out to play when I made cards for 2012. Might have to dig him out for my 2013 cards !

Hope mr k's day wasn't too long or too arduous.

luv
wynneth
x