Tuesday, 1 January 2013

New Years Day - hangover?

Hi there readers,

Welcome to 2013 ...... I'll speak quietly in case some of you are feeling a little fragile this morning! I hope you all had a great New Year.

We had planned to be in bed, tucked up and fast asleep come midnight - probably something to do with the lack of good stuff to watch on the TV! however, despite our best efforts we couldn't get off to sleep and ended up watching Graham Norton's show - very funny, with Billy Crystal, Hugh Jackman and John Bishop - oh and Tom Cruise stopped by but not for long - it didn't really start getting funny till after he left the couch. Long and the short of it was that we then decided to stay awake and see in the New Year but we certainly don't have a hangover this morning - thank goodness!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all - wishing you peace and prosperity and let's hope lots of good things (and nothing bad) happen to you in 2013

Yesterday, by the skin of my teeth I managed a layout for the December Scrap Addicts challenge - wouldn't have been quite so bad if it hadn't been my own challenge in the first place - oopsie



Materials used:
  • 12" x 12" red paper
  • Two photographs die cut in to scalloped circles and matted on to white card scalloped circles
  • Die cut plain black circle
  • Snowflake punched from metal tape which was then run through an embossing folder
  • Journalling generated on the computer and mounted on black card
  • Silk flower embellishment ready made but I added a red gemstone to the centre
  • Wired ribbon from Costco
  • Recollections tree and bauble image inked in Versafine onyx black and stamped directly on to the background page
  • Crystal stickles applied to the star at the top of the "tree"

This was the sketch it came from ...


I also managed another thank you card which I have also entered for a challenge to use a Christmas image for a non Christmas card ...........



Materials used:
  • 300 gsm C6 deckle edged white card and matching sized envelope
  • Distress Ink in spun sugar applied Direct To Paper
  • Recollections image and Imagine That sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink, directly on to card blank - how I LOVE Clean And Simple!?

This design was carried over to embellish the envelope, inside and back of the card and is already on it's way to the recipient to thank them for my super Christmas giftie. And, with a quick change of sentiment I thought it made a neat Happy New Year card too - for a last minute Christmas card that arrived from someone I hadn't sent to .... what do you think?


Enjoy your New Years Day - catch you later in the week

7 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Graham Norton show was great,I thought.....and so were London's fireworks.
Happy New Year.

Lilian said...

Great cards Kathy, Hugs
lilian

My name is Wynneth said...

Happy New Year to you and mr k.

We were home and watched tv to welcome in the new year. Nice fireworks in Edinburgh, although I much prefer to watch them on tv than actually be there - not a firework fan myself !

No hangovers here, thank goodness, just tiredness from the late night as it was around 2am before I finally got to bed. I'm already cosy in my Onesie and awating the return of mr tom and stu with a chinese takeaway (it's 7.30pm as I write this.

luv
wynneth
x

Katina said...

Great makes Kathy! The stamp works really well for both cards.

A very happy new year to you too!
xx

Brenda Brown said...

You've been a busy lady already I see, great pieces Kathy.
We had friends and family in to see in the new year so the champagne was flowing but my head was ok lol.
May 2013 bring you everything you could wish for yourself and more.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Vicky Hayes said...

Happy new year to you too Kathy! Love your layout and the cards are fab - love the way you used the Christmas image in a non-Christmas way for these. Vicky x

catherine said...

Great layout Kathy and love the rossette. Love your take on the challenge
x catherine