Saturday, 12 January 2013

Saturday and what a wet one it is too!

Morning from a soggy and grey purple palace! Crikey, what a vile morning - still, better than SNOW!

Saturday is usually a challenge day for me at the craft desk and this week has thrown up some interesting challenges to crack on with ........

The Clean And Simple style of card I'm so fond of has thrown up a couple of challenges today with Simply Less Is More using the dreaded One Layer Card and the theme "SPORT or EXERCISE" - hmmm, that one will take some thinking about!

And here is my One Layer Card entry for the Sport and/or exercise challenge. I've left it without a sentiment until I decide whether I need a good luck, get well or birthday sentiment (I'm thinking phrases like "hope you'll soon be back on your game" sort of phrases!.
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 300 gsm white, deckle edged C6 card and matching sized envelope
  • Dimension Forth image (which I've had for YEARS - I believe they're just called DIMENSION now) stamped using Memento tuxedo black
  • Distress Inks: Shabby Shutters, Ripe Persimmon, Pumice Stone, Antique Linen
  • Water brush
  • Green marker, for grass grounding for my image
 And here's a close up so you can see the watercolour effect a bit more

 

At Addicted to CAS their first challenge of the new year is "EMBOSSING"


Over on the 52 (Christmas) Card Throwdown they have a colour challenge, to use "white, metallic silver and purple"! Now THAT is MY kind of challenge!



That should keep me busy today - just as well since it's so blooming grim out there! If I finish all those then there is always Clare's second lesson on Card Making to Art Journaling, which you can see here. You can see how far I've got below - not too far and even that involves a mistake! I had a nice yellow background and decided to use ripe persimmon distress ink and my new bubbles border ....... IT DIDN'T WORK! Fortunately, there being NO MISTAKES in art ..... I just spritzed some water and made free with my blending tool and now you'd never know - except I just told you!!! Ooops


Materials used:
  • 6" x 4" panel of white card
  • Old book page - mine was an incomplete book - how do I know? I read it till the pages ran out! Grrrr! I used mod podge to adhere to card panel
  • Gesso to take back the text
  • Old credit card to apply both the mod podge and the gesso
  • Distress Inks: Squeezed lemonade and ripe persimmon
  • Punched paper - from scraps in my collection

Happy Saturday - stay dry

21 comments:

Chrissie said...

I love your little McEnroe Kathy!
Super card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Debs M said...

you really do have a stamp for every occasion! great card and the 2nd page looks fab x

Gibmiss said...

Hi
Fabulous card....
Hugs Sylvie xx

Lilian said...

Great card Kathy. Hugs lilian

Jan Ltc said...

Fab card xx Jan

Anne said...

Perfect stamp for the challenge :).
Love that page, can't wait to see what happens next to it...

catherine said...

Great card Kathy and great sporting image. love the journalling with the patterned paper circles. You need to see what mine turned out like - tommorrow!!
x catherine

Gillian said...

Very cute card Kathy

Fiona said...

After Chrissy's comment I think your sentiment should be " You CANNOT be serious!" A great stamp for this challenge.

TAM said...

Loving your card with the tennis image and your art journal page - looking forward to seeing regular updates on your journal

Chris said...

Aaahh, this is great Kathy! Like Chrissy, McEnroe immediately sprang to mind(although your little guy looks much better tempered!)
Chris
x

Susan said...

Your litle tennis guy is too cute! Great one layer card!

Viv's Visuals said...

Agree with Fiona - sentiment should definitely be 'You cannot be serious'!!! Great CAS card Kathy!

Linby said...

great stamp for the challenge and very LIM
Linbyx

Aileen said...

Cute card. i'm sure you will come up with some excellent phrases. x

Sue W said...

It's the Australian Open down here so your card is very topical and I love this fun image! Love that you shaded the white too!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love it Kathy and the sentiment would work beautifully! Vicky x

Suzilou said...

What a fab image and a great card and yes simple is definately good :)

kingstonmama said...

Your sports card is wonderful, Kathy. I love that image and you've colored it beautifully. Ann

mypapercraftworld said...

Perfect image for LIM, Kathy ... he's so sweet ... and what a great idea for the sentiment too! Anita :)

Jen said...

kathy that image is just fab

Sorry late visiting this week...
Thanks for joining us
Jen xx
"Less Is More"