Saturday, 19 January 2013

Saturday - is it a snow day for you?

Hi there

Here is my entry for the Cute Card Thursday challenge, I hope that the ladies on their Design Team will think it cute enough but I think this image is simply gorgeous (and I know at least one of my friends does too - as she bought the same image at the same time, didn't you, Wynneth!?). I know some people have had problems with an earlier card I made using this image so I hope that everyone will see that it is three ladies as part of an umbrella design. See it here. Anyway, I hope it reminds people of diamonds and bling.

Materials used:
  • 14½ cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • 12½ cm square of white card
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle "Mon amis umbrella" (aka three ladies) stamped using Memento tuxedo black and coloured using alcohol markers
  • Indigoblu flitter glue applied to non coloured sections and then crystal glamour dust liberally sprinkled over the glue
  • 13cm square white panel coloured using an alcohol marker (to match my image). I then applied a liberal coating of flitter glue to the section coloured purple, coming in from the edge far enough to use it to attach my image panel. Crystal glamour dust applied liberally around the coloured border, for extra TWINKLE
  • Seven faux "diamonds" applied to the points and centre of the "umbrella"
  • Imagine That sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
Hope the BLING shows better in this close up
Here's a technique from the November issue of Craft Stamper .... it set out to make ATC's but I thought I would have a go at applying the same technique to a card - thank to Kate Crane for her fab article


What a fab technique?

Materials used:
  • 300 gsm white, deckle edged C6 card and matching sized envelope
  • 8 x 13½ cm panel of purple hand made glitter paper
  • 7½ x 13 cm panel of white card
  • Distress Inks: Squeezed Lemonade, Festive Berries, Peacock Feathers, Shabby Shutters
  • Water flicked from fingers before mopping with kitchen roll and allowing to dry before proceeding
  • Paper Artsy lines image inked using Peacock feather D.I. and brushed with blue perfect pearls
  • Paper Artsy splat image inked using Festive Berries D.I. and brushed with red perfect pearls
  • Autumn Leaves flourish inked using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Magenta foliage (23640-H) inked using Ranger Archival jet black
  • Cart-US bee inked twice, once with Ranger Archival jet black and a second time using Versamark embossing ink and WOW purple glitz embossing powder (a Christmas present - thanks Lauren), on to white card and then cut out and attached to base card by the body only, curling the wings using my pokey tool
Over on the Simply Less Is More challenge blog the new challenge has been launched and it  is: A themed challenge this week: "FRIENDS" - I do believe I may have the perfect image ........ I may HAVE to post a second time with my make on this, providing I can FIND said "perfect image"!!!!

What is Lloyd Grossman used to say? Who lives in a house like this?" in the show "Through the keyhole" - thankfully, no-one right now .... but just look at this little snow drift of yesterday!




Happy Saturday - if you have snow and/or ice then do take care

10 comments:

Debs M said...

love the purple ladies and that second card looks fabulous! love all the different elements and stamps x

Shary said...

Lovely card Kathy!! We don't mind if it's not cute we've said anything now , makes it easier!! Thanks for playing along with us at CCT.x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow! Beautiful Kathy. I am SO impressed. Lx

TAM said...

Loving your collaged card Kathy - off to revisit the November Craft Stamper magazine now

Deb said...

beautiful cards! everyday in winter is a snow day for us but life continues on as normal!
Many thanks for joining in the
♥Cute Card Thursday Challenge♥
this week! Have a great weekend ♥Debxx

Louise said...

Two awesome cards!
Hope you kept warm yesterday with the snow. x

Lilian said...

Great cards Kathy. Hugs
lilian

Katiejane said...

That is a unique stamp and I'm loving the purple in your designs! Glitz and bling -yum!
Snow drift is pretty isn't it, cute pic of the bird house :)
Katie

My name is Wynneth said...

I love, love, love this card kathy - yup that is one fabulous stamp and I'm so pleased that I bought it too.

Thanks so much for playing along with the team on Cute Card Thursday this week.

luv
wynneth
x

My name is Wynneth said...

Sorry Matey, forgot to say how much I love the second card too. Loving the techniques you've used on this one.

luv
wynneth
x