Sunday, 6 January 2013

Sunday again - how's the weather with you?

Wotcher peeps,

Sounds like a Crowded House song that, doesn't it? (unfamiliar? see it here) - Surprisingly enough (for a closet headbanger) I do like a bit of Crowded House (also Split Enz and the Finn brothers in their solo projects) - weird? I don't think so!, but what do I know?

More wrapping paper to share with you - this time a slightly more feminine take ..



Materials used:
  • IKEA brown paper wrap
  • Green organza ribbon
  • Teal dye ink
  • Imagine that sentiment
  • Chocolate Baroque floral image
  • Kraft card die cut using a Go Kreate tag die - making two tags
  • Penny Black floral image (smaller scale, to co-ordinate with the C.B. image, for tag)
  • Mostly Animals "Happy Birthday" sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black on to both tags

I have to say that I am LOVING this IKEA paper for all occasion wrap, can't really wait for a "GUY" occasion to see what I can rustle up .....

A new challenge for the New Year has been launched over on the Pan Pastel blog - it is: "ANYTHING GOES" and they're encouraging people to try something other than cards ....... so, I'm going to enter my wrapping paper for this challenge.

Happy Sunday

11 comments:

catherine said...

Certainly making some very stylish wrapping paper kathy. Looks so much better than shop bought and more personal.
x catherine

Crafty_Fairie said...

Super idea thanks for sharing with us this week.

Kerry DT Leader PanPastel Uk

scrappyjacky said...

Lovely,Kathy.

Brenda Brown said...

Fab wrapping Kathy, simple and stylish. I meant to do this for my Christmas presents but ran out of time lol.
Thanks for linking to the PanPastel challenge this week.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Debs M said...

great idea Kathy - looks fabulous too! x

Louise said...

Fab paper Kathy- I love wrapping my presents in brown paper and then just adding coloured ribbon. Should try some stamping on it too, to add something extra.
I wonder what you could do for male paper? Perhaps those clock faces in black/dark brown ink?
Thanks for the comments on my blog and best wishes.
Newbury artstamps in July sounds like a date! Lets check in nearer the time just in case I am in thesis writing over load. Keep in touch x

Cherry said...

Wonderful packaging Kathy, looks so elegant, I love it.

Lacelady said...

I'm a frustrated wrapper at the moment! I looked for the B. W. paper in our Irish equiv. of Smiths on Saturday, and not a roll in sight! Sigh.

My name is Wynneth said...

Fabby wrapping paper kathy and even more glorious IRL as I discovered yesterday ! It was lovely to catch up with you over a cuppa yesterday afternoon. Next time I'm in the vicinity of IKEAL (!) I'll defo have to pick me up a couple of rolls of that brown wrap.

luv
wynneth
x

Terry said...

Hey there Kathy thank you so much for entering the PanPastel Challenge, love the wrapping paper and the colors you have used on it. Fab way to wrap your presents. Thank you for sharing your project with the DT from PanPastel UK
Hugs Terry xxxx

Katiejane said...

Fantastic Kathy, why wait for the men indeed. Kraft is perfect for all occassions. Loving the look, best of luck with the challenge.
Katie x