Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Thawing Tuesday

Morning,

Major thaw happening late afternoon and evening yesterday so wasn't expecting there to be much left this morning! Imagine my surprise to look out this morning and see fresh snow!! Oops, I guess it's "back to the thawing board"!!!!

Hubby was out at a meeting last night and I was overcome with the urge to create something in an art deco styleeeeee, having watched the documentary on BBC4 last evening .... and here it is:



Materials used:
  • 12½ cm square white card - 250 gsm and matching sized envelope
  • Crop-a-dile used to take a small nick out of the spine and outer edge of the card - for ribbon threading
  • Beige satin ribbon (3mm) wrapped round the card and tied in an off centre knot
  • 8 x 10 cm panel of chocolate glitter card
  • 7½ x 9½ cm panel of rust coloured card
  • 7 x 9 cm panel of white card coloured with distress inks: squeezed lemonade, spiced marmalade, ripe persimmon, barn door and vintage photo
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle art deco image inked using Versafine onyx black

I LOVE the warm colours for this card - I wouldn't have put them down as art deco but David Heathcote (documentary presenter) assures me that the "art deco-ists" were very in to oranges! Who'da thunk it? And, of course, it's another lovely deco image from Sparkle 'n Sprinkle - I have several, some easier to recognise than others - this one reminds me of the David Suchet series "Poirot" - does it you?

Have a great Tuesday - if you still have snow and/or ice then do be careful out there


10 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Lovely job Kathy. I do like a bit of Deco :oD

Ardyth said...

Another fantastic art deco image - love the sponging too!

Viv's Visuals said...

Very Agatha Christie inspired Kathy.. the 'leetle belgian' would love it! Great job!

scrappyjacky said...

Love those warm colours as well.
Major thaw here,thank goodness!!

catherine said...

Just my favourite era Kathy. This is just fantastic and the colours are beautiful
x catherine

Lilian said...

Great Kathy and Love the colours. Snowing again. Yuk Hugs
lilian

Debs M said...

ooh yummy colours x

My name is Wynneth said...

Faberooney AD creation young kathy, lush colours and that is one very nice stamp - how come I've not seen it at S&S then ? It is very fabulous. That's a great DI colour combo, not surprised you are pleased with your finished card.

Hope you don't wake up tomorrow to yet more fresh snow.

luv
wynneth
x

SallyB said...

Hi Kathy...
Love your card! Art Deco always reminds me of Poirot! Love watching them on a Sunday afternoon.
Fantastic image and color.
Our snow is just about thawed then we had a flurry at 4 o'clock which turned to rain so now I'm worried that tomorrow the roads will be an ice rink!
Can't wait for Spring!

Katiejane said...

I have to agree, the orange is very warming. One of my fave colours too.
Lovely artistic style.
Katie