Over on one of the craftbubble groups (Crafters Delights) my pal, Lilian, has set the monthly challenge of SUMMER as a theme and here is my take on it - what nicer way to spend a summer day than walking barefoot in the sunshine! I'm also going to enter this for the Cute Card Thursday challenge which is "SOMETHING NEW", with the new thing being my scallop edged die - only it's second outing. Boy, blogger's been having an epi (or is it just me?) whenever I tried to upload this blooming photo I would get the photo box but without the "browse" option! Annoying or what? I ended up having to upload it elsewhere and then copy and paste it - hmmf! Anyone else had this problem with blogger in the last 24 hours? I imagine blogger will just magically return to normal sometime soon though - hope so anyway! Rambling now, so here's the card ........
- 14½ cm square, white scallop edged 300 gsm card and matching sized envelope
- 14 cm square and 8½ cm square of sage green card
- 13½ cm square of My Minds Eye patterned paper
- Deep green organza ribbon tied in to a knot, off centre
- Stamping Up image stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
- Pro markers to colour image
- Phthalo blue and Phthalo green pan pastels to tint grass and sky
- Image panel die cut using 8½ cm square scallop edged die
- Papermania sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
After a tiring day, a commuter settled down in her seat and closed her eyes.
As the train rolled out of the station, the guy sitting next to her pulled out his cell phone and started talking in a loud voice:
"Hi sweetheart. It's Eric. I'm on the train.
Yes, I know it's the six thirty and not the four thirty, but I had a long meeting.
No, honey, not with that blonde from the accounts office. With the boss.
No sweetheart, you're the only one in my life.
Yes, I'm sure.............. cross my heart"
Ten minutes later, he was still talking loudly, when the young woman sitting next to him had had enough and leaned over and said into the phone,
"Eric, turn that phone off and come back to bed."
Eric doesn't use his cell phone in public any longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Have a great Friday and a fabulous weekend - don't forget to take the tree and trimmings down!