Friday, 4 January 2013

The First Friday Funny of 2013!

Morning,

And welcome to the first Friday in January - hard to believe that Christmas was nearly two weeks ago! We've got the tree down and in the trash, the dex are back in the loft - ready for next time!! Blimey - only just over 50 weeks till Christmas!!! Best get the sprouts on!!

Over on one of the craftbubble groups (Crafters Delights) my pal, Lilian, has set the monthly challenge of SUMMER as a theme and here is my take on it - what nicer way to spend a summer day than walking barefoot in the sunshine! I'm also going to enter this for the Cute Card Thursday challenge which is "SOMETHING NEW", with the new thing being my scallop edged die - only it's second outing. Boy, blogger's been having an epi (or is it just me?) whenever I tried to upload this blooming photo I would get the photo box but without the "browse" option! Annoying or what? I ended up having to upload it elsewhere and then copy and paste it - hmmf! Anyone else had this problem with blogger in the last 24 hours? I imagine blogger will just magically return to normal sometime soon though - hope so anyway! Rambling now, so here's the card ........



Materials used:
  • 14½ cm square, white scallop edged 300 gsm card and matching sized envelope
  • 14 cm square and 8½ cm square of sage green card
  • 13½ cm square of My Minds Eye patterned paper
  • Deep green organza ribbon tied in to a knot, off centre
  • Stamping Up image stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Pro markers to colour image
  • Phthalo blue and Phthalo green pan pastels to tint grass and sky
  • Image panel die cut using 8½ cm square scallop edged die
  • Papermania sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink

And now for the First Friday Funny of 2013, this week courtesy of Marsha - thanks mate - you're in the draw for 2013! It came by e-mail and was entitled: CELL PHONE LESSON, a little cheeky but funny - ENJOY


After a tiring day, a commuter settled down in her seat and closed her eyes.

As the train rolled out of the station, the guy sitting next to her pulled out his cell phone and started talking in a loud voice:

"Hi sweetheart. It's Eric. I'm on the train.

Yes, I know it's the six thirty and not the four thirty, but I had a long meeting.

No, honey, not with that blonde from the accounts office. With the boss.

No sweetheart, you're the only one in my life.

Yes, I'm sure.............. cross my heart"

Ten minutes later, he was still talking loudly, when the young woman sitting next to him had had enough and leaned over and said into the phone,

"Eric, turn that phone off and come back to bed."

Eric doesn't use his cell phone in public any longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.


Have a great Friday and a fabulous weekend - don't forget to take the tree and trimmings down!


10 comments:

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Your summer card is delightful Kathy. And your Friday Funny was funny!

Happy New Year, and like you say, only 50 more weeks til we do it all again!

Hugs,
Sarn xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Lovely card,Kathy....can't say I had any probs with Blogger uploading pics yesterday.
Enjoyed the funny.

catherine said...

Great card Kathy and wish I had some sun here.
Friday Funny made me giggle and just what i hate - people talking loudly on their phones. Just the sort of thing I would love to do in that situation!!!!
x catherine

Debs M said...

lovely card and great ff! Happy friday x

clare said...

such a lovely card, fab fresh colours and image. just what we need to bright us all up! x

Lilian said...

Great card kathy. Thanks for entering the challenge.
Love the friday funny. Wish more people thought before starting a long phone call on trains.
Hugs
lilian

My name is Wynneth said...

Ha..ha.... great FF !

Love your 'New' card - that image comes from one of my all time fav SU! stamps sets. Thanks for joining in with this week's challenge on Cute Card Thursday.

Yes, I'm having the same probs with Blogger, just can't get to upload a pic at the moment. Will try doing what you did and copy and past from elsewhere. If I'm successful you'll see a post of my blog !

luv
wynneth
x

Brenda Brown said...

Think I would have done the same as the lady on the train hehe.
Love your card, wishing for those warmer days, if we get any that is.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs Brenda xxx

heidy said...

Beautiful card Kathy,thanks for joining CCt this week!!
Hugs Heidy

Jo said...

Summer by the sea is one of my fave SU stamp sets, a lovely card Kathy :)