Thursday, 10 January 2013

Thursday and a chilly start

Hi folks,

How are things? Parky start to the day and last night we had thick fog to add insult to injury!!! YIKES. No fog this morning - just a bit of "murk" but it's just 3°c this morning - brrrr

Being a fan of CAS AND of the Simply Less Is More challenge I couldn't resist another go at this week's challenge which has taken my fancy and, no, it's NOT purple! The challenge is black and white with just a splash of colour ..... I MAY have overdone the splash but will wait and see what my fellow LIM-ettes thing - over to you Chrissie, Mandi and Jen ...    


Materials used:
  • 300 gsm white deckle edged C6 card and matching sized envelope
  • 4½ x 5½ cm white card panel on to which I stamped the Inkadinkado image using Versafine onyx black ink.
  • 5 x 6 cm white card panel, coloured using Memento rosebud ink and then over stamped using an "industrial" design by Kaisercraft and the same rosebud ink.
  • Pinky red gemstone applied to the centre of the flower image

Whaddya think? Too much splash and not enough black and white? I reckon no-one will dispute that it's CAS though!

Over on the Cute Card Thursday challenge blog a new challenge has been launched and it is "BEAT THE BLUES" - of the winter variety, that is! Fancy having a go? Pop over and have a look, using the link here

AND, over on CAS colours and sketches there's a new challenge too - I've not entered this one before but I just might start .... here's this week's sketch


Today I'm excited as some new stash just landed on my doormat - wanna see? Wonder whether I'll be able to work it in to either of my challenge pieces - wish me luck!


Have a great, and creative, Thursday - only one more sleep and it will be FFFFFRIDAY!


9 comments:

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Phew, thank goodness there's only one more sleep until FRIDAY (my fave day of the week).

Have fun playing with your new goodies. Is that mat like the Splodge Away one? If so, I'm sure you'll be pleased with the results you get.

Love your LIM card. No probs with the splash for me!

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Lilian said...

Great card Kathy. Love your new stash, Hugs
lilian

scrappyjacky said...

Lovely card. Pretty chilly here as well.

Susheel Kaur said...

Fab card Kathy

Sheel
x

Viv said...

It's gorgeous Kathy I love it. Grey and foggy here today grrr :) Viv xx

Jen said...

just enough pink i think

Thanks for Joining us this week
Jen xx
"Less Is More"

catherine said...

Great card kathy and like the layout.
Are those the stamps you have been wanting? I have one of those blending mats too
x catherine

My name is Wynneth said...

We woke to fog as well this morning and it was virtually lunch time before it disappeared :o( Love your LIM card, the splash isn't too big in my view ! but then, what do I know LOL Looking forward to seeing your new stampies in action mrs, bet you've already got them inky LOL
luv
wynneth
x

Chrissie said...

Looks fab to me Kathy!
Thanks once again.
Chrissie
"Less is More"