Thursday, 31 January 2013

Thursday - only one more sleep till the weekend

Hi everyone, me again

Welcoming new follower Carole-Ann. I couldn't find a blog for you ..... if you have a blog then please leave me a link and I'll follow you too. Hope you'll pop back from time to time.

Yesterday afternoon I finally made it to my two aunts, having had to reschedule during the snow. It was a nice afternoon though a little blowy. It was nice to see both aunts, one uncle and one cousin too - got a job lot of rellies in just one afternoon then!

Got up this morning to a bit of WEATHER! It's blowing up a storm and the rain is absolutely LASHING down - triffik!! Just what you want ..... NOT! Sounds like the perfect excuse to stay in and craft ..... again!

And I have an update on the challenge materials I received yesterday from my trading card swap buddy on the Isle of Skye.


Materials provided:
  • A length of wide light blue satin ribbon
  • Stamped image on thick card
Here's a reminder of what I received ....

Extra materials:
  • ATC blank
  • ATC sized piece of white card run through my big shot in a text embossing folder
  • Pan Pastel phthalo blue (and a cosmetic sponge) to highlight the text - set with cheap hairspray
  • Go Kreate fancy square die in two sizes (one for the image panel and the next nested size in Kraft card)
  • Kraft card (see above)
  • Double sided tape laid centrally on the wide ribbon and folded over from both sides thus narrowing the ribbon
  • Alcohol markers to colour image
  • Aleene's tacky glue
  • Kaisercraft sentiment inked using Versafine onyx black on to white card scrap and cut out in to a banner ended strip
  • Foam pads to mount the image panel
  • Distress Ink: faded jeans applied to outer edge of the ATC using a blending mat and Tim Holtz blending tool

Hope you like what I did and I sure hope my trading card buddy will approve too, I can hardly wait to see what she made using the same materials.

I also decided to make another ATC - I tend to have little periods of time when I WANT to make ATC's and then long periods when I can't be bothered, so I need to take advantage when the urge comes over me!!! I blame the wings freebie with the new issue of Craft Stamper!


Materials used:
  • Kraft ATC blank
  • Distress Inks: tea dye, aged mahogany, black soot - applied using a blending mat and a Tim Holtz blending tool
  • Lost Coast image stamped on to white card using Memento rich cocoa and distress inks used to colour with a water brush - pumice stone, faded jeans, aged mahogany and tea dye. The image was then cut out
  • Craft Stamper free wings stamped on to white card, using Memento tuxedo black ink and water coloured using Distress ink, aged mahogany.
  • Goosebumpz shimmer sprayed over the wings and left to dry before cutting out to attach behind my image
  • Tim Holtz sentiment stamped directly on to the ATC blank using Versafine onyx black ink.

Another one for my collection! Hope you all like this one too

There's also a new challenge over on the CAS colour and sketches blog too .... check out this week's colour selection - not my norm so I may or may not get to have a go but .... see for yourself




Happy Thursday

6 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Love that second one,Kathy....I look forward to getting some of those wings!!
It's lashing down here as well.

Lauren Hatwell said...

Ooooh, I HAVE to have those CS wings. Aren't they great! Like Bat wings... I want some :oD Love what you've done with them there Kathy.

Fab use of your swap items too. Love that image. The minimal colouring really suits the style of your ATC.

Lx

Lizy Bartaby said...

Theses are fab Kathy...I may have to make some ATC's...it's something I've never tried!
Lizy xx

Brenda Brown said...

Great pieces Kathy and love how you have used the freebie stamp, very clever indeed.
Been a bit stormy here for a couple of days but seems a bit more settled this evening.
Thanks for all your lovely comments.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Debs M said...

great makes Kathy! those wings are fabby x

My name is Wynneth said...

Two faberooney ATCs kathy, I love what you did with the materials from your pal. I'm sure she will love it when she receives it. What a great creation with the CS freebie wings, love the dark and mysterious colours you've used, very atmospheric !

Good you got to see your rellies yesterday too.

luv
wynneth
x