Tuesday, 29 January 2013

Turbulent Tuesday!

Hi there,

Goodness me - another wild and woolly day here yesterday - how was it with you? It wasn't too bad till about mid day but then the weather went to hell in a hand cart and the rain was lashing down and the wind was rattling the window frames!!

Definitely a day to stay in and craft and so I did .......


Materials used:
  • 12½ cm square white, 250 gsm card and matching sized envelope
  • Go Kreate fancy die in two sizes cut once using Kraft card which I then stamped using Memento Paris dusk ink and a Creative Expressions chicken wire image
  • The other fancy die was used to cut a white card shape which I then tinted with Distress Inks: tumbled glass, faded jeans and a semi circle of squeezed lemonade as my space monkey went to the moon!
  • Stampendous images and sentiments were stamped using Versafine onyx black and versamark inks
  • Quickie glue pen and Sparkle 'n Sprinkle "one of a kind" ultra fine glitter were used to highlight the stars
  • I used Marvy le plume II pens to tint the spaceman changito (isn't he fun?)

The above card is for the Cute Card Thursday challenge "OUT OF THIS WORLD" and also the Pan Pastels challenge: "SEEING STARS" - wish me luck, I can always use more of those fab pan pastels!

I also made this card because I'm just not quite ready to leave the distress inks and water flicking technique alone and move on .... yet!!!


Materials used:
  • 300 gsm white, deckle edged C6 card and matching sized envelope
  • White card panel, coloured using distress inks: squeezed lemonade, picked raspberry, mown lawn and salty ocean - applied using a blending mat and cosmetic sponge
  • Water flicked from my fingers, allowed to develop and then dried using kitchen roll - set aside to dry thoroughly
  • Paper Artsy line background stamp, Recollections random "drips" inked using versamark ink and then brushed over with various shades of mica powders.
  • Magenta dotty foliage inked using Memento Paris dusk across the top of the design
  • Dimension Fourth foliage image inked using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Matting layers in navy ribbed and silver mirri card
  • Imagine That sentiment inked using Versafine onyx black ink

If I'm honest (and perhaps because I've been obsessed with this style since I first tried it) I think I prefer this one to my first posted card but ....... it doesn't fit either of the challenges!!! But I love the vibrant colour combo - don't you?

It's surrogate grandson's birthday today, he's TEN! Happy Birthday Harry - your present is in the dining room! Harry is the "WHOvian" for whom the IKEA kraft wrap got personalised recently with lots of blue telephone boxes ..... remember? Just looked back and, talk about forward planning, I featured the gift wrap in a post on January 2nd!!!! So, here's a reminder!



Hoping for a more peaceful day, weather wise today for you all


8 comments:

My name is Wynneth said...

Great 'out of this world' card kathy, those Chingito stamps are just too cute ! Good luck with the two challenges and thanks so much for playing along with us on Cute Card Thursday.

Love, love, love the colour combo you've used on the DI card, it's splendiferous ! You really are the expert with this technique.

Thank you also for your 'thank you' card which arrived yesterday (this could go on forever, me thanking you, you thanking me.....etc etc !) LOL I'm so happy you were pleased with the things I made for you.
luv
wynneth
x

Jo said...

Happy Birthday Harry! xx
Kathy, i'm SO loving the water flick technique you are using, and the colours you use on each card you make are wonderful together.
Great cards, tfs xx

Tracie said...

so cute! thanks for joining in the pan pastel challenge

catherine said...

Great cards Kathy. The wrapping looks fabulous and he will love it
x catherine

Debs M said...

2 great cards - love the colours and spotty foliage on the 2nd one! x

Deb said...

fabulous cards and totally love your gift wrap!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
Debxx

Brenda Brown said...

Love the glittery stars Kathy. Thanks for sharing this with us at PanPastel UK this week.
Hugs Brenda xox

lena-dailyscrap said...

Very cute - somebody will get very happy recieving a card like that!