Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Wednesday again - it will soon be the weekend but before then .....

Hi there,

How's the weather with you all this morning? Having had some seriously freakish weather over the last couple of weeks I'm really looking forward to some milder and DRYER weather - and, HOPEFULLY, SOON!!!! This morning is starting off well (for me anyway) with bright sunshine instead of showers - for a change. Hubby's gone too Gloucester this morning but he's expecting his train to be cancelled as, apparently, the train is cancelled due to what they are calling "an incident" and this usually means a replacement bus service. Hmmm, all being well, he should be home by the time I go out this afternoon - we'll be like ships that pass .... etc!

This afternoon I'm off out to visit the rellies, postponed from last week, which got rescheduled due to the snow! Here's hoping that nothing will happen between now and 2ish to cause either one of us to postpone it again.

Yesterday's nasty weather gave me a jolly good reason to stay in and craft so that's exactly what I did and here's what I ended up working on........


Materials used:
  • 12½ cm square white 250 gsm card and matching envelope
  • 12 cm square Kraft card panel
  • 11½ cm square white card panel edged with Distress Ink in tea dye
  • Domino image by A Stamp in the hand, inked in Memento rich cocoa and stamped twice in the bottom right corner
  • Imagine That sentiment inked in Memento rich cocoa
I plan to enter this over on the CASology challenge blog where their new challenge cue word is: -





Over on the I Love Pro Markers challenge blog they have launched a new challenge - it is: "LOVE IS ALL AROUND" - maybe my next project?

And as for What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday ..... look at the state of mine! I'm told that a cluttered desk is a sign of genius! I'm not so convinced, I think a cluttered desk shows someone who doesn't want (or can't be bothered) to tidy up - my excuse is that I am so short of storage space that there's simply nowhere for it ALL to go which is how come so much ends up on my desk - works for me!



I've had post from my trading card buddy on the Isle of Skye too. We exchange a materials challenge and so - here are my incoming materials.

My challenge is to turn these materials in to an ATC which I then return to her, along with my challenge materials for her to make in to an ATC and return ..... and so it goes on! Geddit?

My new issue of Craft Stamper hit the mat this morning too - so I am about to head off, grab a coffee and settle down for an hour.


Happy Wednesday to you all - Friday will be here before you know it!

16 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Looks perfectly fine to me Kathy. I can still see clear space :oD

Love your domino card. Lx

scrappyjacky said...

Great domino card.

Jen W. said...

Those domino images are fabulous and I love the rustic look to your card. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

My name is Wynneth said...

Hope mr k's journey isn't too arduous today. We have sunshine here too and we're just about to head out to enjoy a little fresh air.

Love your domino card, that's a splendid image and the whole thing looks fabulous in Rich Cocoa (one of my fave inks.

Good luck with your ATC challenge, interesting materials to work with !

Have a nice afternoon with your Rellies, drive safely in those high winds.
luv
wynneth
x

Ardyth said...

really fun domino images - this would be perfect for my mom, who is the domino fiend in our family! Thanks for playing the CASology game this week, Kathy!

Cheryl said...

well this looks,great to me Hun,best of luck with the atc challenge too hun,have a lovely day hugs Cherylxxxx

Debs M said...

great idea with the domino's Kathy - great card x

catherine said...

Great card kathy. Love the dominoes
x catherine

Maureen Merritt said...

This is a perfect CAS card! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Lilian said...

Lovely card Kathy. I am sure you will find something great to do with your trading Buddies things.
Hugs
lilian

Annette22 said...

Aour Domino card ist great, such an elegant look

hugs

Annette

Tracey McNeely said...

Very cute CSA card Kathy. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

Happy Dance said...

Just love this! Perfect colors and lots of yummy white space. Dominoes...just how clever is that?!!
Bev

Darnell J Knauss said...

Excellent take on the Game challenge, Kathy!! (I'm just getting around to it.) And how nice to see your WOYWW desk in the bargain, although, girl, you are certainly a GENIUS!!

Julia Aston said...

Great colors and CAS design on your domino card! I don't think I've ever seen a domino stamp before!

mypapercraftworld said...

Great take on the cue card, Kathy, perfect colours! WOYWW ... love how your paper trimmer storage solution ... now that's creative! lol ... Anita :)