Wednesday, 16 January 2013

What's On Your Work Desk this Wednesday?

Morning readers,

Welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday and what IS on yours? Mine is a mess so I'll endeavour to have a clear up some time really (REALLY) soon!

How's the weather with you this morning? It's only blooming -3°c here this morning, with a thick white frost - that'll teach me to make arrangements to visit a friend good and early! Guess who'll be scraping the car for the first time in AGES as you read this? Yep, that'll be ME! I'm visiting the pal who won my prize for the Friday Funny draw - LIZ. If I remember to take the camera (and she's dressed) then I'll take a pic .....

Over on the CASology blog there's a new challenge, launched yesterday, and it is: "BLUE", so here's my take - it sure is BLUE!!!
CASology's BLUE challenge card
And co-ordinating envelope

And a close up of the flitter glue and Crystal glamour dust sparkle!!!!
Materials used:
  • 12½ cm square white, 250 gsm card and matching sized envelope
  • 11½ cm square of white card (I used Rymans 200 gsm smooth card when it was on 3 for 2), edged with Marvy dye ink in blue
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle art deco three ladies image stamped using the Marvy dye ink in blue
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Memento Mediterranean blue
  • Indigoblu flitter glue applied using a paintbrush and then crystal glamour dust sprinkled liberally to give the fabulous twinkle!
  • Blue faux crystals to embellish (7)

Hope you like it, hope the CASologists like it too!

And, inspired by Kate Crane's article in a recent issue of Craft Stamper .....


The whole ATC

Close up of the bumble bee so you can see the dimension and detail

Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Distress Inks: peeled paint, squeezed lemonade, barn door, peacock feathers - applied with a cosmetic sponge
  • Water flicked from fingers liberally and then dried with kitchen roll
  • Stampers Anonymous background image inked using D.I. barn door and then brushed with a dark red perfect pearls and set with hairspray
  • Magenta foliage stamped using Memento tuxedo black
  • Imagination leaves flourish stamped using Memento tuxedo black
  • Cart-US bee image stamped once using Memento tuxedo black (directly on to ATC blank) and the second time using D.I. peacock feathers and then brushed with a turquoise perfect pearls and set with hairspray before cutting out and attaching to ATC gluing just the body allowing the wings to be curled, once glue had dried
Fab background technique - I'll be using this again

And now for this week's sneaky peek at my messy desk ...... well it's far too messy and I really must clear it up - doesn't seem like long ago I could see my desk!



Have a fabulous Wednesday - if you still have snow and/or ice then please be careful out there

16 comments:

Lilian said...

Great card Kathy, its so crisp and clear. I really like it. As you know[ I think] I love blue.
The Atc is lovely.
Hugs
lilian

Di said...

Super work there Kathy! Then I scrolled down to your desk and thought I was looking at the current heap of stuff on my own desk :)

Happy WOYWW! Di xx

Darnell J Knauss said...

You've got a mess there, all right, but I like that you are off to have fun with your (maybe dressed, maybe not) friend in spite of leaving a mess behind and in spite of the frost. Go you!!

Your CASology card is not only blue, it's fabulously sparkly - a real show-stopper that one! Well done! And well done on your ATC, too. I can see you have been spending lots of time with Mr. Moe Joe!

Thank you so much, Kathy, for the anniversary wishes!! May I know the month and day of yours, so I can return the sentiment on your special day? Thank you!

Tracey McNeely said...

Great cards and a really funky stamp. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

Debs M said...

great card, love that art deco! fabulous background on that atc, great stamps and the perfect pearls look fabby! x

Rosemary said...

what a cool image you used for your CASology card... love all the sparkle! thanks for playing along with CASology so faithfully!!

Sue said...

These are gorgeous Kathy, I love your icy blues, and the way you've decorated your envelope, and your ATC is fabulous - beautiful vibrant colours xx

My name is Wynneth said...

Your blue CAS card is absolutely fabulous dahlink ! I do so love that image and you've reminded me I haven't inked up my own stamp for AGES.... ! You've also reminded be about the CASology challenge, so I might hit the table of craftiness today to make an entry. Your ATCs are awesome, I so love all the different techniques and colours you've used. Nice to see your workdest messy again, didn't like seeing it all clean and tidy the other day LOL
luv
wynneth
x

Katiejane said...

Hope you had a lovely time with Liz. It's -5 here today and snowy icy roads made food shopping even more of a drag!
Loving that stamp! It's so unusual and would make a great fabric.
Your ATC looks awesome with those bright colours.
Have a great day.
Katie x

Lacelady said...

Oooh, two for the price of one, and I love both of them. I really must start stamping the envelopes too, yours look great!

mypapercraftworld said...

Ooh so blue and sparkley ... and the envelope treated to the same delights ... fab! Anita :)

Ardyth said...

OK, first I thought it was an umbrella, then I got the Art Deco feel (LOVE!) but it took me actually reading to see the 3 faces! I'm not always the sharpest pencil in the box! lol! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week, Kathy!

catherine said...

Fantastic card kathy and love the added sparkle to it. A great job with the inspiration piece from the Mag.
x catherine

Maureen Merritt said...

Your frame and glitter add a nice touch :) Thanks for playing along with us at CASology!

Sylv said...

Beautiful card, love the colour and the glittler, this is an unusual stamp that I have not seen before.

Jen W. said...

Such a cool, glittery image and the envelope is fantastic too! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!