Monday, 14 January 2013

WOT? Another blooming Monday! How did that happen?

Hi there,

I'd like to welcome new follower (my first in a while), Jo, I don't seem to be able to find a blog address to link but you are very welcome - hope you'll stop by and comment from time to time too.

Did you get those wintry showers we were threatened with all weekend? We were originally told to expect snow on Friday and then Saturday and then Sunday - imagine my surprise when hubby came in and said it was indeed snowing (last night, around 9) ..... yeah right, a flake a minute! Not sure that will settle any time soon then, we thought - thank goodness! Sure enough, we've woken this morning to ........ 3°c and RAIN! At least rain is easier to get about in!

Anyway, since hubby WAS out all evening I now have another card to share with you today - using some new stash - HUZZAH, always something satisfying about inking new (or previously uninked) stash, isn't there?


Materials used:
  • 12½ cm square, white, 250 gsm card and matching sized envelope
  • 9.8 cm square navy ribbed card
  • 9½ cm square white card
  • Lost Coast "bubbles" image stamped using versamark ink - it reminded me of waves and from this thought the design of the card arose!
  • Pan Pastel phthalo blue applied using a cosmetic sponge and then set using hairspray
  • TPC Studio sail boat stamped on to white card using Versafine onyx black ink and cut out before attaching to my pastel background using several small dimensional foam pads
  • Imagine That sentiment stamped on to white card using Versafine onyx black and run through my Xyron sticker maker before attaching (offset) to a panel of matching navy ribbed card
And here's how the envelope looks too


And a little more journalling to share with you too ...
This was how the page looked when I last blogged it!

Materials used: (for preparation - this appeared on my blog November 27th)
  • Mini moleskin journal
  • Water spritzer
  • Dylusions inks: sunshine yellow
  • Craftynotions inks: poppy, grass green
  • Ranger inks: espresso
  • TCW mosaic tile stencil and water spritzed through, allowed to develop for a second or so and then blotted with kitchen roll
This was then set aside to dry thoroughly before progressing ..... I should jolly well hope it's dry by now - it's been over a month!!! And here is how it looks now ...


Subsequent additional materials used:
  • Inkadinkado ink blot and wax drip images stamped using Brilliance rust
  • Stampendous Time Flies image also stamped using Brilliance rust
  • Creative Expressions chicken wire stamped using Memento rich cocoa
  • Paper Arts sentiment inked directly on to page and numbers and steampunk "lady" stamped on to white card and cut out - ink used: Versafine onyx black
  • Distress Ink: seedless preserve applied to numbers and image using my new blending mat and a Tim Holt blending tool with foam pad
  • Gloss gel medium brushed over the numbers and image and set aside to dry before then adhering to my page with Aleene's tacky glue

Hope you like it - I really like seedless preserve and it seems to be taking over from my previous fave of dusty concorde - go figure!

Have a fab Monday - if you have snow and/or ice then do be careful out there today

9 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

It snowed quite heavily first thing this am....but luckily doesn't seem to be settling.

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Lovely sailboat card.

Hardly any flakes here either! Although we just had a snow flurry. xxx

Debs M said...

love them bubbles! fab journal pages too x

Craftyrose said...

Thankfully no snow down the road fom you either, although I did see some last night too. Nothing to write home about though! Love your little boat here Kathy, it's fab and those stamps are simply divine. xx

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your sailboat- the background pattern is awesome too. And, your Art Journal page is awesome- loving the colors you used. Thanks for stopping by my blog and I did follow the URL you left for me- WOW!!! Thanks!

Cherry said...

Snow here this morning - yuck. But your card has cheered me up no end. Loving those bubbles in your stamp, fab purchase, may have to pop and get one myself - Kathy made me do it! Great journal page. I am loving the hot spice colours with your time doll. Fabulous. Hugs Cherry Xxxx

Brenda Brown said...

Love the bubbles stamp on your great card and cool journal pages.
The snow laid lightly for a while here and then got rained out. But we do have a mini snowman on our garden table lol.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Jo said...

Hi Kathy, thanks for following me too :)
I have to say that I love the sail boat card! *claps* the bubbles stamp is just perfect :)

Have a good day xx

kingstonmama said...

Oh, new stash is such fun to play with! I love your sailing card, especially the background you created for the boat. Ann Y.