Wednesday, 13 February 2013

And what exactly IS on your work desk today?

Hi everyone,

First order of business is to welcome my newest follower, from Norway, Wenche - thanks for following, hope you'll pop back from time to time.


Been AWOL from blogging for a day or so as it was hubby's birthday and we had several celebrations planned, some turned out to be a little more involved than others - some resulted in  well, not so much a hangover as a DULL day (more to do with the lack of sleep, I suspect!) and Tuesday's lunch hour turned out to be a four hour! As you might imagine, this has taken its toll on my crafting. Now I HAVE been working on something but, sadly, I cannot share it with you at this time - all will be revealed very soon though.


My work desk is it's usual messy self. I had to replace the blades in BOTH of my fiskars paper trimmers and, shock horror, they were my last two!! OH MY! Can't have that for very long so I have two more blades on order but they are, apparently, coming from the U.S. - with FREE P&P from Amazon! CRIKEY - you would think that would make them very (VERY) expensive, wouldn't you? Well, I have to say that it didn't make them VERY cheap but I wouldn't say it was U.S. postage expensive!! The reason I couldn't source them more locally? My paper trimmers are very old and the designs have changed over the years and the blades are no longer readily available for my elderly trimmers. Mind you, it MAY be approaching the time to bite the bullet and buy a new trimmer. I DID buy a woodware trimmer (with about 8 different blades) but it gathers dust like the several pairs of scissors I have bought over time but never found as efficient and comfortable as my oldest pair - do you all find that too? Anyway, here's what my work desk looked like at 10:30 .....




And here's what I was working on ....


Materials used:
  • Cocktail stick
  • 12" length of Costco paper, tapered from 2½cm to ¼cm and rolled round cocktail stick, fastening the thin end using Aleene's tacky glue

Whaddya think? I'm planning to coat it in either varnish, clear UTEE or glitter and can't make up my mind which at the moment .....

Happy Wednesday - it's been snowing here this morning, alternating between a flake every couple of seconds and snowing quite hard so I have no idea how it's going to end up today! Have a good one peeps!

6 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Sounds like you've been having a fun week with lots of alcohol?
We saw some snow this afternoon but it didn't settle.
Take care.
hugs {brenda} x0x

catherine said...

Looks like a lot of creativity coming form your desk Kathy. Snow has arrived here and quite a bit now
x catherine

clare said...

bead looks great, can't wait to see it all UTEE up! know what you mean about woodware trimmer, binned mine a couple of weeks a go. enjoying my new fiskars one! x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Hello you little gaddabout! I like the look of your paper bead. I don't think it will matter what kind of gloss you coat it in, it'll still be pretty!

I have NO fiskar trimmer any more, but I DO still have a spare blade . . . will photograph it and see if it's the one that fits yours . . . then I'll send it to ya if it is!

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Darnell J Knauss said...

Ah Ha! I am, how you say, most intrey Qu-ed! I must return-ed.

My name is Wynneth said...

Your paper bead is looking mighty interesting young kathy - wonder what the final decision was on the coating ? To UTEE or not UTEE - that is the question !

Also wonder what the finished project is going to be !

luv
wynneth
x