Wednesday, 6 February 2013

And what is on your work desk today then?

Hi there,

I'd like to welcome a new follower to my blog, Denise, Hi there Denise, hope you will stop back from time to time

An announcement to pass on .... most of my regular followers will know what a fan I've become of the Clean And Simple style of card making and this is mostly down to the lovely LIMettes, Chrissie and Mandi (and now Jen too) over at the Simply Less Is More challenge blog. Their fab challenges started two years ago  but Mandi has taken on a new business which is taking lots of her time and she's reluctantly decided to step down from the DT - just wanting to wish you all the VERY best Mandi. We'll all miss you and hope you will stop by again from time to time. I usually enter their CAS challenge each week and I TRY to visit as many entrants blogs too - this week I've had two problems doing that ...... the first being a problem with my PC's network and the second being my shoulder which has caused me to spend less time visiting - and I'm sat here with a warm wheatie bag draped over my shoulder as I type this! If I normally visit your blog and haven't this week then please excuse me - it's nothing personal - honest. There have been some SMASHING entries for this week's challenge.

I haven't even been crafting as much as I normally do - I did, however, make this tag whilst hubby was out the other evening and would like to share it with you here ...



Materials used:
  • Large manila tag
  • Glue stick - applied to my Inkadinkado bubbles image and my Dimension crackle image
  • Distress Inks: salty ocean and seedless preserves applied over the top and then excess removed with a baby wipe to reveal the "resist"
  • Dimension brick image inked with Memento rhubarb stalk and applied randomly
  • Creatie Expressions chicken wire inked with Memento Rosebud and applied randomly
  • Inkadinkado wax drip image inked with Brilliance pearlescent beige and applied to the top of the tag a number of times
  • Hobbycraft Keep Calm  and Hero Arts wheatgrass images stamped using Versafine onyx black ink

 On Tuesday I met up with a crafting pal at Hobbycraft and we nattered and shopped and then adjourned next door to Costa coffee for further natter over a latte! Didn't buy much (and certainly not as much as my pal!) ....


All very "necessary" items though!
And over on the CASology challenge blog it's week #30 and their new challenge which is ....




It's What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday once more and mine (true to form) is a mess ....



I've put a little poll over on the side bar of my blog - if people take an interest then I might do a weekly poll - if I can think of enough questions .......... I have another question .... do you see a turquoise background to my blog and a sort of ARIEL font or do you see my palm trees and TIMES NEW ROMAN font? I see a variation and have ABSOLUTELY no idea why!!! Ah well - the wonders of technology!!!

Edited to read: Thanks to Sarn's comment that she sees turquoise background with sans serif font I thought it might be time to change my background so off I toddled ....... couldn't make a decision so decided to go back to the awesome template I'd had before my palm trees ....... selected it and hit preview and what did I get? flashing between my new selection and the TURQUOISE with a sans serif font!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh My Gosh!! Guess this must mean that it's blogger having an epi! There's a novelty! Please excuse my appearance - I'll expect normal service to return in a few days once blogger's sorted itself out but it's plainly nothing I've done!!! Anyone else getting the same issue?


Happy Wednesday, make it a good one!


7 comments:

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Okay . . . your blog background is a pale green around the edges, brown on the left hand side. Your text is a little smaller than before, but definitely sans serif font. I see your pretty pink & blue sky across the top of your blog. HTH.

Wow - I need to come round and tidy your desk for you!

Pretty tag though . . . and I hope your shoulder gets better soon.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Sorry to hear about the shoulder....hope it's soon better.

Debs M said...

great tag, love the sentiment! sorry to hear about your shoulder x

Katiejane said...

Well apparently I'm with the majority crafting 1-3 times a week!
Love that "Keep Calm...." stamp and your tag is FANTASTIC! I adore it.
I do hope your network gets sorted soon and you find a remedy for your shoulder, that does sound painful. Our internet is now much faster and my "upload picture" button appears to be back! Woohoo :)
Have a lovely week Kathy,
Katie x

Cheryl said...

oh hope your shoulder gets better soon hun,does sound painful and hope you get the Internet gets sorted out soon hun

Lacelady said...

Pretty tag again Kathy, I broke down and ordered more, brighter, distress inks yesterday. Sorry if you are sore, hope it eases up soon.

My name is Wynneth said...

Well I'm in second place with crafting every day ! I can see an aqua border around and a purple sky header to the page ;O)

Love this tag - I MUST get me one of those Keep Calm... stamps next time I'm near a Hobbycraft (did I tell you we are getting one back in Plymouth ? they are still constructing the building at the mo' so I don't know WHEN it will open though) Gorgeous colours and what a faberooney background you created.

luv
wynneth
x