Friday, 15 February 2013

Here comes the weekend!

Morning,

What a funny old week?! Still having trouble with my shoulder, had hoped it would be getting better all on its own but it's proving more stubborn than that and a trip to the doctor may soon be in order - doncha hate going to the doctors?


Anyhoo, very little on the crafting front this week. I HAVE been crafting but have not been in a position to share most of what I've been up to, for a short while.

  
And on the Addicted to Stamps and more challenge blog it's BINGO! Take any vertical, horizontal or diagonal line and use the elements in those squares. If you use the FREE square then try not to use an element already featured ......
 


And here is my take on the challenge ..... my three were the centre horizontal panel: GLITTER, FREE and STAMP ..... my free space could arguably be gemstone or CAS - your choice Addicted to Stamps and More. Pretty much everyone seemed to select hearts but I looked again and, aside from the BINGO square I couldn't see a reference to having to make a "valentine" style card - hope I didn't miss that bit! - guess I'll soon find out!


Materials used:
  • 12½cm square white, 300 gsm scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Hero Arts foliage image stamped using the Kaleidacolour "Spectrum" ink pad
  • Imagine That sentiment stamped using Memento Paris dusk ink
  • Stardust stickles traced down the stems of the foliage
  • Faux crystal gemstones to highlight the sentiment

I'm off out again this afternoon, meeting up with a pal for a coffee and a natter - not seen this particular pal since before Christmas - YIKES, we'll have a lot to catch up on!

And now for the Friday Funny, this week courtesy of my pal, Sandra, thanks mate! - ENJOY

Subject: Cold Weather Warning

ICY CONDITIONS: Government Advice
A government warning said that anyone travelling in icy conditions should take:
  • Shovel, Blankets or sleeping bag
  • Extra clothing including scarf, hat and gloves
  • 24 hours supply of food and drink
  • De-Icer
  • 5Kgs of Rock Salt
  • Torch or lantern with spare batteries
  • Road Flares and Reflective Triangles
  • Tow rope
  • 5 gallon petrol can
  • First Aid Kit
  • Jump Leads
......................... ...I looked like a complete prat on the bus this morning!!!...


Right ....... did anyone watch the BBC news this morning? regarding the new law (introduced January 1st 2013) and affecting anyone imminently heading to Florida and planning to drive there. Apparently you now need to be in possession of an International Driving Permit in order to rent a car and people without them have reportedly been turned away at some car rental counters. If you are concerned about this new regulation then check the P.O. website for details. Things are likely to change again at quite short notice so ... if your journey is later in the year then it's worth keeping an eye on the websites and press to see if it will still be necessary for the date you travel.

Happy Friday

12 comments:

Sue said...

Beautiful card, Kathy! Love your CAS style and how you've used our bingo card. Thank you for joining us at ATSM. Sue x

Cheryl said...

oh gosh this is really beautiful hun,love your style,and love the colours,bless you for your kind comment hun just glad I have my,work,and blog too keep me,going,hope your shoulder gets better soon,hun,now how things can get you down,hugs Cherylxxx

Katiejane said...

Blimey, it sounds like you need to send this one to yourself. Poor thing, I do hope it gets better soon. Going to the Doc's is always a pain/chore but sometimes you've just gotta do it. Put your mind at rest.
Have a lovely weekend.
Katie x

catherine said...

Great piece of work Kathy. love the colours. hope your shoulder is feeling better soon. Love the funny Friday.
x catherine

Kylie said...

Hi! Nope, no need to make a Valentine card lol. I love the choices you made for your beautifully CAS card! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM and I hope you shoulder improves soon xx

Lacelady said...

Very pretty card Kathy, love the use of a multi coloured stamp pad.

Lilian said...

Lovely card Kathy. I love the friday funny. Hugs
lilian

Anonymous said...

Hello Kathy, I'm not an official follower but look in at your blog several times a week. Whe do you get your cardstock from please?

Thanks

Kathyk said...

Hi Anonymous, thanks for visiting my blog so often.

Some friends and I get together an order from Craftwork Cards periodically.

Kathyk

My name is Wynneth said...

Beautiful card Matey, spookily I have been looking at my multi-colour ink pads this week and thinking it's far too long since they came out to play ! Love how the colours work their way down the image. Those large scalloped squre cards do do very impressive, especially I think, with a CAS style design.

The FF made me giggle !

Hope you had a lovely afternoon meeting with your pal. Sorry to hear your shoulder isn't improving, got to get it right before Craftathon.

luv
wynneth
x

Loll Thompson said...

Hi Kathy. Fabulous card. The colors you've used for your image are beautiful and I love how they blend into each other - gorgeous! Love the pearl accents. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps & More. Loll xx

Danielle Vincent said...

What - you didn't see the part about a valentine card??? That's cause you didn't need it to be :o)so you didn't really miss a thing- LOL. Your get well card is so CAS fabulous! I love the colors you used and the scalloped edges. Thanks so much for joining us this week at ATS&M.