Wednesday, 27 February 2013

I think I'm back - for good - Yee Haa!

Hi there,

I think I'm back ..... for good this time!! After a TEN DAY enforced absence of broadband I was reconnected earlier this evening and have been catching up like crazy ever since!

Hi to new follower Kat, hope you will stop by again from time to time.

I've updated the Craftathon 2013 page and uploaded lots of photos so please click on that page in my side bar to see what we were all up to this past weekend.

Honestly, I didn't feel much like crafting whilst I had no internet so I don't actually have much of a back catalogue to share with you but .......



Materials used:
  • 300 gsm white, deckle edged C6 card and matching sized envelope
  • Black card panel
  • White card panel with wavy edge
  • Distress Inks: squeezed lemonade, picked raspberry, ripe persimmon and peacock feathers
  • Versamark ink and Mica powders used in conjunction with images by Magenta, Creative Expressions, Stampers Anonymous, Hero Arts and Recollections
  • Penny Black brushstrokes tulip inked using Versafine onyx black ink

Regular readers will recall that I swap materials with a trading card buddy on the Isle of Skye and I DID receive some materials from her whilst off air, giving me the chance to process them too - all in the same post! Here's what I received - the lower photo shows the reverse of the card




Incoming materials turned in to this .........




Additional materials
  • ATC blank
  • Distress Inks: shabby shutters, bundled sage and mown lawn for background and spun sugar, squeezed lemonade and salty ocean for the colouring in of Alice
  • Lost Coast Designs background stamp inked with Versafine onyx black ink
  • "Sorry" token run through an embossing folder to add texture and then adhered to the ATC using a "wobbler"!!! to give movement (see side view pic)

PLUS the latest issue of Craft Stamper arrived with that free stamp and I thought I would crack on and make a project with that too



Materials used:
  • 300 gsm white, deckle edged, C6 card and matching sized envelope
  • Mirri card panel  } edged using a PATP
  • Black card panel } Martha Stewart punch
  • White card panel on to which I stamped the Papermania sentiment
  • Black card square
  • White card square on to which I stamped the Craft Stamper free images using Versafine onyx black ink
  • 13 faux crystal gemstones to embellish the otherwise monochrome card

Happy Wednesday, well it is now I have my internet connection back! Don't forget to check out my CRAFTATHON 2013 page before you go and .... thanks for persevering whilst I've been away - good to be back


8 comments:

Debs M said...

great makes Kathy - glad your back in touch with us! x

scrappyjacky said...

Good to see you back...love what you made with the ATC bits.

Chris said...

Welcome back, Kathy! You must be so relieved to get back to normal! I love the first card on this post... the colours are amazing and great stamping technique!
Chris
x

Kobie Fouché said...

Glad to Have you back Kathy, it started to get a bit lonely...lol

Kx

Lilian said...

great to have you back Kathy, Missed you, Great cards.
Love what you have done with the exchange things from your buddy, Hugs
lilian

catherine said...

So great to see you back again in blogland kathy. great pieces and my all time fave Alice stamp !!
x catherine

Brenda Brown said...

Great pieces Cathy - but I think that new CS stamp should be on the loo signs lol.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Kathyk said...

Yep, reckon you're right Brenda - not sure how often I'll be using this image in future or who I'll be sending this card to!