Friday, 8 February 2013

It's Friday - Ta Dah!

Hi there,

Just need to get a few birthdays off my chest before I start ..... today sees the following friends celebrating their birthdays:
  1. Sally - in Florida
  2. Kylie - in Australia
  3. Becky - surrogate daughter #2
  4. Maggi - trading card pen pal in the U.K.
That's a lot of birthdays on one day - don't you think? Hope you all have a perfectly SPLENDID day.

Next order of business ..... I'd like to welcome and thank new followers, Mags, and Chris and hope you'll both pop back from time to time

Now, on to the crafting .....

My bad shoulder has dissuaded me from doing too much crafting or blogging this week but I DID recently receive new stash from Inkyliscious this week (yes, Wynneth MADE ME DO IT!!! - cheers mate!) and just had to have a SEVERE tidy of the table of craftiness in order to have a play - here's a Christmas project using this fabulous Christmas tree image - it really didn't need anything else, other than a twinkly embossing powder.


Materials used:
  • 300 gsm white, deckle edged C6 card
  • 10 x 14 cm panel of deep red DCWV self adhesive card from a stack
  • 9½ x 13½ cm panel of white card
  • Inkylicious Christmas tree image stamped on to the white card panel using Versamark ink and Gold glitter embossing powder
  • Inkyliscious sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
I'm entering the above card for the "CASE the card" challenge over on the ABC Christmas challenge blog - I picked T is for TREE from their 2012 challenges.


But, since you can't keep a crafter down AND I had a new image land on my mat (this time from That's Crafty) I also managed a quick ATC yesterday ....



Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • ATC sized piece of white card
  • Kaisercraft "ARTY" image inked using Versamark ink and pan pastel Violet tint sponged over just the stamped area
  • Close to the Heart numbers inked with Versamark ink and pan pastel Violet sponged the immediate area
  • Stampers Anonymouse random dots inked with Versamark ink and pan pastel yellow ochre spnged over the remaining area before setting the ATC with hairspray.
  • Sunshine Designs grass stamped with Versafine onyx black ink
Hope you like it - I am loving this weeks new stash - what a shame I can't have weeks like this every week?

Todays new stash

 And now for the Friday Funny, courtesy of Jacky (Scrappyjacky) - thanks mate - you're in the 2013 prize draw!
Winter Exercise Programme


Take one Weetabix.

Take an Aero chocolate bar.

Crumble the Aero over the Weetabix.


Voila! ...........................  AEROBIX ! ta dah!!!    


Have a great Friday and a super weekend

10 comments:

Fleur said...

Beautiful cards,
HUGZ Fleur xXx

Lacelady said...

Super ideas today Kathy. I love the Christmas Tree, but not sure I can face doing C cards this time of year, even though I know it makes sense.

Debs M said...

love that tree - looks fabulous embossed! great ff x

Viv said...

Fab cards Kathy, love the Fri joke too he he :) Viv xx

Darnell J Knauss said...

Ha Ha, good funny, Kathy!

I love the CASliciousness of that twinkly mod Christmas tree card! I'm sorry to hear you are having shoulder pain and hope it goes away soon! Just to be safe, you should lift your drinks with the other hand for a couple of weeks!

catherine said...

Love the friday funny this week Kathy. Great use of the new stamps too.
x catherine

Samantha said...

GOegeous card Kathy, can you do me a favour and add the name of the person from ABC Christmas who's card you have CASED pretty please....

Thanks for Playing along with us this time for our CASE it Challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

Lilian said...

Love the cards Kathy . The Christmas tree is lovely.
Hugs
lilian

Kathyk said...

Oh don't you just hate it when people don't read the challenge rules? This week that would be me! I CASED the challenge and not a particular card - oopsie. Best I head over and remove the card from the challenge!

Kathyk

My name is Wynneth said...

You are very welcome Matey, any time you need 'wynneth to make you do it' just holler !!! LOL

Nice new stash, no wonder you are pleased with it. That tree is particularly splendid, why don't I already have that one eh? Might have to remedy that asap LOL

Sorry to hear you've had a bad shoulder, and I am just plain BAD as I hadn't realised how many days have passed since I visited your bloggie last, BAD wynneth 8O(

Love the FF, I love my chocolate weetabix in the mornings !

luv
wynneth
x