Monday, 4 February 2013

Morning and welcome to another week ......

Morning all,

Another grey day here in in paradise, sorry, Bristol! At least it isn't raining! It IS, however, VERY windy out there ..... and I'm off "out there" in a mo - wish me luck, think I'd best "batten down the hatches" first, i.e. a heavy duty squirt of hairspray!!!

I'd like to welcome She3655 as a new follower - "Thanks", "Hi" and "hope you'll stop by again" - I've reciprocated on your own blog too.

I'm off out this morning, meeting a pal for coffee and a natter, my pal's name? Andrea - we meet up every few weeks for a couple of hours and put the World to rights! Not done it since before Christmas for one reason or another so there's a lot to "put right" so to speak! I'm expecting crafting parcels (well, optimistically) so part of me would love to be home just in case - but I DID only order on Friday so I think deliveries are unlikely but ...... watch this space. I'm expecting parcels from Hobbycutz, Inkyliscious (Wynneth made me do that one!) and That's Crafty - woo hoo, bit of a spendfest and now my credit card is lying in the corner looking scared!

With hubby out at the indoor flying last evening I took advantage of some craft time and made a tag - now I LOVE to make tags but seldom think to do it. I have a loose binder ring (like you might get in a ring binder) it holds about 20 tags and (you guessed it) it's purple!!!! Every time I make a tag I add it to my collection on this ring so here comes another one!! I used the glue stick resist technique yesterday and, being a tad "technique obsessive" wanted to play again ..... this time with brighter colours - yesterdays blog post looked more Halloween-y! Not familiar with the glue stick resist method? Try checking out this video here - it's easy peasy, lemon squezy!!!!



Materials used:
  • Large manila tag
  • Stix2 glue stick used to "ink" Tim Holtz "visual artistry" circles and grid images
  • Heat gun to "dry" the glue images (30 seconds is about all you need)
  • Distress Inks: picked raspberry, seedless preserves, ripe persimmon
  • Baby wipe used to remove the ink from the resist (and any residual glue)
  • Magenta foliage image (23640-H) stamped multiple times at the top and bottom of the tag using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Anita's sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black in
  • Clearly Inspired rose image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink

Happy Monday, hope your week has started well and will continue similarly.


7 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

A lovely result,Kathy.

Debs M said...

great tag Kathy- enjoy your day x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Love your pretty tag. Gonna check out that technique in a min too TFS!

Hope you make it back safely from your outing with your friend, having put the world to right!

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Lacelady said...

Definitely going to try the glue stick resist Kathy, as it intrigues me.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful, love the color scheme.

Darnell J Knauss said...

Awesome tag, Kathy! I never think to do them, either, and you've inspired me. Now if I can just remember!

I hope you had a wonderful chin wag with Andrea and didn't get blown away!

(Don't forget to check for Russians. I wouldn't be surprised if they were liking your blog, too!)

My name is Wynneth said...

This is beautiful kathy, the rose silhouette is fabulous.

luv
wynneth
x