Thursday, 28 February 2013

Morning - it's my first full day with internet in a while!

Just stopping by because I can ..... I've not felt much like crafting whilst I've been without internet which has made it doubly frustrating - I'm used to crafting pretty much every day! How weird is it that, when I had MORE time to craft, I didn't want to?!?!??! Can't answer that.

Anyway, time to craft this morning after making some smoked mackerel pate for hubby and I to have at lunchtime and whilst "stuff" was drying.

My readers will know that I exchange materials with a buddy on the Isle of Skye. We then make ATC's using the materials and then return them to the originator - it's a slightly more interesting way to swap ATC's and I remain surprised at how few times the ATC's that come back look similar to mine!! I think it's happened about three times in many years - fascinating to see how different people interpret the identical materials, isn't it?

I've a challenge for Pam this time and this is what I am sending her - what would YOU do with it?



Materials:
  • Book page (don't panic readers ..... over time the book had fallen apart and was missing several pages before I got to it!) with gesso applied using a credit card
  • Matte medium scraped through a Stamposaurus stencil and set aside to dry
  • Paper Artsy image and sentiment stamped on to white card using Versafine onyx black ink.

Wanna see what I made?



Additional materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Inktense blocks (magenta) rubbed over and then blended with a baby wipe
  • I have various sponges that I use with distress inks so picked colours for my image and sponged my cut out image and sentiment without re-inking
  • Quickie glue pen and Crystal glamour dust on the wings

Before you go ......... I have a couple  of questions for all my bloggy pals

  1. For weeks before my internet issues I had noticed that my blogs background seemed to fade in and out sometimes appearing in my usual background and sometimes appearing in a pale green colour. When my blog opened it was the proper background but, as soon as I tried to navigate the page, I soon got the pale green ....... I changed the background but it still happens - ANY SUGGESTIONS? Pretty please with a cherry on the top - it's doing my head in and I've no idea where to look next!!
  2. Sometimes my signature appears to have a coloured border round it and sometimes not and yet I  haven't changed any settings (haven't had internet TO change any settings - any ideas?
Thanks blog buddy's, any suggestions will be gratefully appreciated and it's just possible you might save my sanity - or is it a little late?!?!?!?

Happy Thursday - I'm off to see if I can catch up on any of my neglected challenges today


8 comments:

Lilian said...

Love the ATC Kathy. I sure have a lot to learn lol
Hugs
lilian

clare said...

really great kathy, hope your pal is able to do something nice with her materials too. x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Hi Kathy

LOVE this little ATC. Nice image!

I am seeing a pale green left hand side of your blog. Your signature is nice and black with no line around it. Don't know how to help you change anything, sorry.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Love what you've done with it,Kathy.

Brenda Brown said...

Good to see you back Kathy, I have missed our chats lol. Love your ATC, I think I would have made the same you know!!
As for your blog problems I have to say I have no idea what is going on, suffice to say my side-bar keeps jumping up and down. Do you think Mr Blogger is having a fit of the giggles at us?
Take care.
hugs {brenda} x0x

My name is Wynneth said...

Welcome back Buddy ! Sooooo... lovely to see you are back online.

Great ATC and excellent materials you're sending to Skye. I do love that stencil you used.

Sorry, don't have any suggestions as to how you might find out what's going in with your blog issues :o(

luv
wynneth
x

Debs M said...

great atc oooh its that stencil again!! hmm not sure what to say about your blog...any ideas from the it department?? x

Kathyk said...

I.D. department is stumped ..... he's never even looked at blogger.com!!!

Thanks peeps. I've noticed the changing appearance thing on other blogs too so I KNOW it's not just me! I just don't know how to fix it!

Kathyk