Saturday, 16 February 2013

Saturday challenge day and a busy one at that!

Well here we are, another Saturday - how's it shaping up for you? We have one or two things in the pipeline.

Yesterday afternoon I nipped off round to the village where, in the old school house, there is a rather nice coffee shop and where their cakes are home made - mmmm. I met my pal, Sue off the bus at the local railway station and we sauntered through the churchyard to the old school room before treating ourselves to a coffee each - plus a cake; I had the apricot and ginger flapjack and Sue enjoyed the orange and ginger sponge - both delicious! We enjoyed a quiet couple of hours nattering away before it was time for her bus, taking her on out to the mall for a further shopping experience! Thanks Sue, it was a very pleasant afternoon and our chosen venue made a very pleasant change too.

Since it IS Saturday it's time for another set of challenges:

So, here's my first card, for the UP IN THE AIR (CAS) card for the Simply Less Is More challenge and you can probably see the connection!



Materials used:
  • 12½cm square white, 300 gsm scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • 11½cm square black card panel
  • 11cm white square panel run through a Craft Concepts embossing folder
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle kite image stamped twice, once using Memento Mediterranean Blue directly on to embossed panel and once in Memento tangelo on to white card and cut out before adhering to blue "tail" using 3D foam pads
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
I really like this set of images but don't use it nearly often enough so ..... thanks LIMettes, for this opportunity to get it inky!!!

My shoulder is still playing up so I may not get round to cards for all of these and certainly won't be commenting anything like as much as I usually try to do and for which I apologise in advance, it's nothing personal if I don't visit your blog.


Have a great Saturday and a splendid weekend everyone

22 comments:

Debs M said...

love the stamp and sentiment and the tree was a great idea - looks fab! Hmm i don't use tangelo nearly as much as i should - looks great x

Anne said...

Love the sentiment and what a fab kite, hope it doesn't get stuck in the tree!
Anne
x

Gerrina said...

Great kite! Fine sentiment.

Lilian said...

great card Kathy. Love the seniment. Hugs
lilian

Jen said...

great idea to use a kite Kathy

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Suzilou said...

What a great embossed tree and love the kite :)

catherine said...

This looks fantastic Kathy. love the embossed background
x catherine

Jan Ltc said...

Fabulous card xx Jan

Katina said...

Great idea to use the kite and embossed tree, Kathy! Fab card.

Your Friday day out sounds lovely!
xx

Chrissie said...

A kite is a great idea Kathy!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Loli said...

Hola Kathy, i love your background, i love work with embossing folders, clever idea the kite on the tree...well done.
A warm hug from Palma

Gibmiss said...

Hi Kathy
Fabulous card...
Hope your shoulder is better soon...
Hugs Sylviexx

Suzi B said...

Sorry your shoulder is in a bad way... hope you feel better soon
I love your card.... great idea.
Suzi B x

lucyscraftycards said...

Great card - love the kite and sentiment! Lucy

Lynne said...

Great idea to use a kite, fab card.
Lynne xxx

My name is Wynneth said...

Love this card kathy, what a great idea to use that kite stamp. Fabby embossing folder, perfect for your design.

luv
wynneth
x

butlersabroad said...

How perfect is that sentiment Kathy! Smashing card, really great. I laughed my socks off at your Friday funny, so I read it to my hubby and he's chuckling now! Thanks for that!

Hugs
Brenda

Vicky Hayes said...

Your kite makes a lovely bright splash of colour against the embossed tree Kathy. Hope you shoulder gets better soon, Vicky x

Kobie Fouché said...

This is just lovely KathyK, I love the embossed tree, and very CAS...
Have a lovely week
K x

EmmGee said...

Well done you for keep up your blog, mine hasn't been touched for months. I always look at the LIM page, good inspirations. You really DO live just round the corner from me then! I often pop into that cafe when I've left my car at the garage opposite for its MOT! EmG

Paula Knall said...

Love the embossing Kathy! Paula xxx

Jenni's Jems said...

Love the embossed tree and love the placement of the kite and the sentiment... ok I love the card ! x