Saturday, 9 February 2013

Saturday - challenge day!!!

Morning all,

I'd like to welcome another new follower, Natali, thanks for stopping by and I hope you will pop back from time to time.

Anyhoo, we're off to a dull old start to the day here, it's just 2°c and needless to say it's grey and ...... yep, raining too! There's an interesting change for us! - NOT! Looks like another challenge Saturday with perfect weather - for crafting, that is! Just as well if you would care to read on ........

And a new challenge has been launched on the Simply Less Is More challenge blog - this week it's the turn of the dreaded One Layer Card and their theme is: "MUSIC" - this is one challenge I can never resist .... so, onwards with my favourite colourway too and ... BINGO, you soon have what you see below!



Materials used:
  • 12½ cm square, 250 gsm white card and matching sized envelope
  • Kaisercraft "Arty" image stamped using Versamark ink
  • Pan Pastel Violet tint applied carefully to JUST beyond the stamped image - I LOVE that you can simply rub out any mistakes with PP's!
  • Inkadinkado "You Rock" and guitar stamped using Versafine onyx black
  • Inkadinkado music flourish stamped using Memento grape jelly

I think it's pretty lush and I hope you all approve too - now it's on to my next challenge project (from the list below) ...... BBL

Addicted to CAS's new challenge is also launched today and their theme is: theme #6 - "CANDY"

Pink Gems new challenge is topical this week, it's: "HEARTS/VALENTINES"

The new challenge over at the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown is a colour challenge ...



So you can see, I have my work cut out for me today ...... I still have a CASOLOGY "fairytale" challenge to try and sneak in too!!

Have a fab Saturday everyone

35 comments:

froebelsternchen Susi said...

That really rocks! FAB!

Debs M said...

love your new background stamp Kathy - fabby card x

Claire said...

Hi Kathy, great card - black and purple is always a good colour combo I think! Claire x

Chris said...

Fabulous! Brilliant stamping! reat design!
Chris
x

Gibmiss said...

Fabby card Kathy
Hugs Sylvie xxxx

Lorraine said...

we love guitars too in our house..great card and my fav colour too purple

Christine said...

Fabulous card!

Linby said...

Purple goes so well with the image - really rockin!
Linbyx

Chrissie said...

Great card Kathy... I feel happy seeing a purple card from you!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Lilian said...

great card Kathy. good luck with the next one. Hugs
lilian

Monica said...

This card rocks. Love the drama of purple and black and the stamp is perfect for the challenge. The bacground is swell.

Paula Knall said...

This is beautiful Kathy, I love the purple. Scrummy! Paula xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful one layer LIM card. Love the image and the purple & black together. Greetings from Canada, Shirley

Craftilicious said...

purple guitars = rocking card :-D

scrappyjacky said...

A great 'rock' card....love it.

GinaA said...

A great combination of stamps Kathy, just love that purple background with just the right amount of shading.

Suzi B said...

fabulous card, love the background and the Violet tint!
Suzi B xx

Loli said...

Hola Kathy, my purple friend, great music card, fantastic background.Well done.
Hugs from Palma

Annette22 said...

wow, that purple background looks great

Annette

Sue said...

Hi Kathy, the purple and black look great, that background stamp rocks! And lovely soft colour with the Pan Pastels. Sue x

catherine said...

Love this one Kathy and the purple goes so well with it
x catherine

Kobie Fouché said...

This is lovely Kathy, and I really like the stamp...and the colour of course...

Have a lovely weekend...
Hugs Kobie

Viv's Visuals said...

Fab card Kathy - am struggling with the challenge this week! Need Mr Mojo to return .. and quick!!

Brenda Brown said...

You sure rocked this card Kathy.
hugs [brenda] x0x

Claudia said...

Hi Kathy, what a great card. Love the combo of violet and black. looks great.

Thanks also for all your lovely comments on my blog and I wish you a wonderful Sunday.

Hugs Claudia

Lacelady said...

Much drawn to the You Rock card Kathy, since I married a guitarist a long time ago (1963). Brings back memories.

Jen said...

fabulous card kathy

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Lynne said...

Love that `You Rock` stamp Kathy and paired with your background it`s a smashing card.
Lynne xxx

Neets B said...

This is fab, such a cool design and I love the colours :)

fatmonica said...

This is one of my favourite stamp sets and I love the purple with it.

Anne said...

Ooh looks perfect in purple, I like that background stamp too

Bea said...

fab card Kathy - always loved that stamp and the background is beautiful

Katiejane said...

Love this CAS design, such a cool guitar against the purple contrast.
Katie

My name is Wynneth said...

Your LIM 'Music' creation is totally awesome kathy. It looks so splendid with purple and a great layout.

luv
wynneth
x

Susan said...

Kathy, you do such great work with purple! I'm a little envious of everyone's music stamps...I really have to scrounge through my stamps to find ANYTHING remotely "music" related! LOL! Great sentiment too!