Saturday, 2 February 2013

Sunny Saturday - yee haa

Here we are, Saturday again - how was your Friday? Us, well, we were at the surrogates for drinkies and nibbles last evening - a very pleasant evening AND I no longer have their two lap tops on my dining room table - YAY! Instead, we have their sons lappy!!! Ah well, this one should only be there a very short time - all being well!

Crafting? Well, regular readers will know that Saturdays are usually challenge days for me and today will be NO different. However, I did manage one card yesterday afternoon which fitted in to two challenges which I normally like to have a go at. The first being Cute Card Thursday (a weekly challenge) and the second being the February (no prizes for guessing this one is a monthly challenge, eh?) challenge over on Auntys forum. Jo set the Auntys challenge and it's a colour challenge to use pastel yellow, pink and a pale minty green and the CCT challenge was entitled "a different corner" - I think this works, how about you?


Materials used:
  • 12½ cm square white card blank, 250 gsm, and matching sized envelope
  • Distress Inks: picked raspberry, squeezed lemonade and peacock feathers applied with cosmetic sponges round the edge and then flicked with water and allowed to develop before blotting with kitchen roll.
  • 10½ cm square white card panel (200 gsm from Rymans)
  • Stampendous cling "party hat kiddo" stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Alcohol markers used to colour
  • Frosted lace stickles to highlight the fur trim and pom poms on her hat
  • Kaisercraft CS913 birthday sentiment inked using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Dovecraft corner punch, used on only one corner - to create my "different corner"
  • Kaisercraft faux pearl to embellish my different corner
I have several more challenges to move on to ...... watch this space and, of course, the new challenge on the Simply Less Is More blog was launched at 08:00 this morning and it is: Kraft and Kreme!!!



Materials used:
  • C6, 300 gsm Kraft card and matching sized envelope
  • Paper Artsy hot pick flower and leaf images stamped on cream card using Memento rich cocoa ink and then cut out.
  • Imagine That sentiment stamped directly on to Kraft card using Memento rich cocoa ink 
Whaddya think? Does it need a gemstone to lift it .... or not? Wishing a giant HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the Less Is More challenge too - it's celebrating TWO YEARS of fab Clean And Simple challenges - cheers ladies, here's to many more!



One of my crafting buddy's sent me this link to a video with a bear ...... watch it right to the end! See it here, thanks Marsha, I'm sure  lots of my readers will enjoy this.


Have a great weekend all

24 comments:

Chrissie said...

It hard to get my head around associating kraft and kreme colours with you Kathy!
I think that a little gemstone on the clock cogs would work well... watches have jewels in them after all don't they!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Lilian said...

More great cards kathy. Love the top cute image.
Hugs
lilian

Lacelady said...

Love the cards, I'd put a pearl in the middle of the flower, or a Cosmic shimmer dot. The bear video is a hoot!

Debs M said...

love the colours on the first - i got 16 sponges for £1.99 with free delivery from ebay!

Love the second -perfect colours for a masculine card..or it you want it more generic put some bling on x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Kathy
Fabulous card.....
Hugs Sylvie xxxx

Chris said...

Great card, Kathy. I vote for the gem! The bear video is brilliant -I couldn't stop laughing! Thanks so much!
Chris
x

Linby said...

Two great cards. I like the masculine flower - after all men do like flowers!
Linbyx

scrappyjacky said...

No crafting for me today...we've been to Maidstone to get DD a new car...and now we're off for a Chinese with SIL!!

Jan Ltc said...

Lovely cards xx Jan

catherine said...

Both are great pieces of work Kathy
x catherine

Suze Bain said...

Great LIM card Kathy, that stamp works so well with the monochrome colour scheme. Xx

Alexeya said...

Great cards Kathy. Love the image on the LIM one :)

Deb said...

both gorgeous cards!

many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
Debxx

Craftilicious said...

Great card for LIM but your little dancer is fabulous!

Skye said...

Lovely LIM card. I like your flower.
Loved the bear clip, thank you

Loli said...

Hola Kathy, great you steampunk card, maybe a little gemstone on the clock, it was a good idea, but is a perfect CAS card, and your little girl card is soooo cute, well done Kathy.
Hugs from Palma

Viv's Visuals said...

Stick a bit of bling on it Kathy!!! LOL Love it though - love the top one too.. made me smile on a grey Sunday! x

GinaA said...

Try some bling if you want Kathy but it looks fine as it is to me, love the paper you have chosen.

Jenni's Jems said...

Fab card and great stamps and sentiment x

Susan said...

I love these two cards... especially the kraft card! I think perhaps a small gem would be perfect on the card!

Gillian said...

fabulous cards

butlersabroad said...

I think I might go with a gem or two perhaps, but I like it the way it is too, lol! I'm no help am I!! I think this is the most muted I've ever seen you!

Hugs
Brenda

Suzi B said...

Great card Kathy I agree gemstones would look good. I have this stamp but some how forget about it!
Suzi B :)

Jen said...

sweet little card kathy.. love the pattern on the flower!

Sorry for the late visit this week... Thanks for joining us for the 2nd birthday celebrations!
Jen xx
"Less Is More"