Thursday, 7 February 2013

Thursday and the mojo's back!

Morning all,

Don't you just LURVE new stash? I know I do - and I had some lovely stash arrive just yesterday, from Inkyliscious and Hobbycutz. Well, I could hardly wait to even open the package before wanting to play!!! and, of course, I wanted to use at least one of the new items ...... I think this, despite the bright colours, would work for adults of both sexes and (by changing the sentiment) children too - don't you?

Materials used:
  • 300 gsm, white, deckle edged C6 card and matching sized envelope
  • 14 x 10 cm panel of orange card
  • 13½ x 9½ cm panel of white card
  • Kaleidacolour "Spectrum" multicoloured dye based ink pad, smeared on to a blending mat.
  • My much under utilised Brayer was deployed, to pick up the colour and roll on to my Inkyliscious striped image which I then stamped on the white card panel, the inside card panel/insert and also the envelope
  • Close to the Heart numbers image inked up using the same ink pad (I WOULD have used my Inkyliscious numbers but they were just a little bit too big - I would only have got numbers 1-6 on my panel)
  • Sparkle n' Sprinkle sentiment stamped using Memento grape jelly. This sentiment comprises two parts - you can see both parts stamped on the envelope



And here's the envelope - using the sentiment which also appears inside of the card!

 
Now, having made the above I set to thinking about monochrome and ..... one thing led to another and .....

Materials used:
  • 300 gsm, white, deckle edged C6 card and matching sized envelope I used off cuts of black and white card to make this card ....
  • On to the larger narrow white card panel I stamped the new Inkyliscious striped image using Versafine onyx black ink
  • On to the smaller, wider white card panel I stamped my Close to the Heart numbers image, five times, using Versafine onyx black ink and moving the numbers slightly one way or the other.
  • One the smallest panel of white card I stamped my Imagine That sentiment also using Versafine onyx black and then matted each panel on black card and adhering to my base card using Aleene's


Here's the card and it's matching envelope, using the same images and inks - hope you all approve - DEFINITELY masculine, wouldn't you say? Two cards, the same images but different layouts and colours - turned out pretty different, didn't they?

Anyway, still got problems with my shoulder and, no doubt, working on the above probably hasn't helped but I'm hoping that the reading whilst sitting with a warm wheatie bag strategically placed ..... just might be!

However, over on the CAS colours and sketches challenge blog, there is a new colour challenge: Use only the colours below, although you are allowed white/cream for your base card and black for your image/outlines - tricky!


Have a fab Thursday and see you tomorrow, for the Friday Funny!!!
 


8 comments:

Kobie Fouché said...

These are lovely Kathy and I do think they are very versatile...
Hope you like the goodies...

Hugs Kobie

Suzi B said...

Love all these cards Kathy but the ist one is my favourite, love the inside too
Suzi B xx

Suzi B said...

Oops not the inside ...
the envelope :)

clare said...

fab cards, love the bright colours using my favourite ink pad!! hope you have had a good day. x

Debs M said...

great makes Kathy! x

Chris said...

These are great cards, Kathy! I agree, with a little variation they would be suitable for anyone, any age!
Chris
x

Lilian said...

great cards Kathy. Hugs
lilian

My name is Wynneth said...

Love both these cards kathy, it looks equally as stunning in monochrome as it does in rainbow colours. What a fabulous addition to your stash I'm most envious !

luv
wynneth
x