Another wild and windy day yesterday. It started off with the rain absolutely lashing down but brightened up by lunchtime - thank heavens. In fact it was so mild I swapped to my summer slippers and took off the sweater in favour of a T-Shirt!!! I know! It was windy all day however, and we are advised to expect more of the same today! Hmmmm, it's looking more promising at the moment as it's dull, grey but NOT RAINING! Progress indeed!
Having become more than a little obsessed with a technique found in a recent issue of craft stamper I've been using cosmetic sponges to blend multiple colours of distress inks. I only have two Tim Holtz blending tools and really can't be faffed with changing the foam pad every time I change to a different colour family .... cosmetic sponges seem to be the way forward but ....... my great big bag of 100 of them is now sadly empty so I headed off in search of more. I think I paid something like $4/£2.50 for my bag (well worth the space they took up in my case for the homeward journey!) so, imagine my surprise when I headed in to Boots and spotted TEN for £2.95!!!! YIKES, I wasn't expecting THAT! Next it was in to Poundstretcher where I didn't find any at all but Poundland offered a bag of 30 for just £1 so I now have 30 new and CLEAN sponges to get cracking with today .....
- ATC blank, coloured using distress inks: squeezed lemonade, picked raspberry, peacock feathers and shaded lilac, applied using cosmetic sponges (the last of my cheap bag!, they've been used a number of times and are starting leave bits on my work - it was definitely time to obtain new supplies!).
- Water flicked from fingers and allowed to develop before blotting with kitchen roll and setting aside to dry
- Paper Artsy line image and Creative Expressions chicken wire image stamped using versamark ink and brushed with lilac and pink mica powders and set using hairspray
- Winged image stamped using Memento tuxedo black and coloured using the cosmetic sponge used to colour the picked raspberry section of my ATC.
- Icicle stickles squirted on to the wings and spread using my fingers before setting aside to dry
- Ketto (by stamping bella) stamped using Memento tuxedo black and coloured using alcohol markers and cut out, even cutting out the space between her arms and the sunflower (which I don't normally bother to do)
- Wings attached behind the main image (using Aleene's tacky glue)
- Hero Arts sentiment inked using Versafine onyx black ink - the one material I haven't included with my swap buddy's materials
There's also CASe this sketch's new challenge, also launched yesterday ..