Friday, 22 March 2013

Friday again - got plans for the weekend?

Woo Hoo, another weekend looms large and this brings us one week closer to Easter too!

Yesterday saw me at the physio again - why DO people pay to have pain inflicted upon them?!?!!? I'm quite sure, however, that I shall be feeling the benefits as the day wears on!!! Thanks Pete! I'm not sure of the long term benefits of this treatment for my particular problem and it may well prove to us both that a steroid injection is the way forwards! Hmmmmmmmmmmm, let's hope NOT

Managed to make a quick get well card yesterday for a pal due in to hospital imminently. I used a nice cheery yellow and a sludgy green, a favourite of hers, hope she'll like it as well as making a GREAT recovery.

It's such a simple technique but I am loving the effect and the way it dries so chalky - later I may even combine a water spritz with this technique and see how that works out! Watch this space

Materials used:
  • 12½cm square white, 250 gsm card and matching sized envelope
  • Distress Inks (shabby shutters and squeezed lemonade) swiped across the bottom of the card
  • Imagine That sentiment stamped using Versafine black onyx ink
  • Costco wooden mounted spotty image stamped twice using Memento rosebud ink
  
And now for the Friday Funny, courtesy of our friends, Liz and Graeme, so it's their fault there's a photo of a snake in this post!!! I've put a few extra line spaces in so you can all be ready for it - I'm a little phobic myself!                        
 

Jack Daniels Fishing Story


I went fishing one morning but after a short time I ran out of prawns ........
 

Then I saw a redbelly black snake with a frog in his mouth.. Frogs are good barra bait.

 

 
Knowing the snake couldn't bite me with the frog in his mouth I grabbed him right behind the head, took the frog, and put it in my bait bucket.

Now the problem was how to release the snake without getting bitten.


So, I grabbed my bottle of Jack Daniels and poured a little whiskey in its mouth. His eyes rolled back, he went limp.


I released him into the lake without incident and carried on fishing using the frog.


A little later, I felt a nudge on my foot.

It was that blooming snake back, and he was carrying two more frogs.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Have a fab weekend peeps


7 comments:

clare said...

great card kathy. hope they can do something to sort that shoulder. x

Lauren Hatwell said...

LOL - great FF as ever :oD

Love your card. Guaranteed to cheer up anybody feeling under the weather. Great technique so thanks for sharing.

Lx

Lilian said...

Great card Kathy and I love the Friday funny. Hugs
lilian

Debs M said...

hope your shoulder is better soon Kathy - great ff thanks for the heads up tho! x

Zippy said...

Great card and love the Friday funny! xx

catherine said...

Great card and will cheer up your friend Kathy. Great Funny Friday although I am very phoebic about frogs!!!

Hope the shoulder eases for you
x catherine

Doodles said...

Hi Kathy, hope your doing better really soon. Your cards beautiful . I hope your friend gets well soon to. Thank you for your kind comments on my blog, I'm enjoying being back creating and blogging x