Friday, 8 March 2013

Friday again - so, the weekend starts here!!!

Hi readers,

How's your week been?

I don't seem to have time to do much on the crafting front. I usually like to craft at least a little every day but not this week. I had a Design Team project to finish, which I can't share with you all just yet.

What I HAVE managed though, is this little taggy .....


Materials used:
  • Large manila tag
  • Creative Expression hexagon text background image applied to tag using a glue stick as "ink" before heating (removes much of the "stickiness"
  • Distress Inks: squeezed lemonade, picked raspberry, shabby shutters, peacock feathers - applied using cosmetic sponges
  • Baby wipe to remove excess ink and reveal the "resist"
  • Dark Room Door spotty background inked with D.I. picked raspberry and then, whilst still wet, brushed with perfect pearls plum mica powder
  • Anita's sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Me and my big ideas rose images stamped using Versafine onyc black ink

I also had a pal spur me on to look out all my "no longer loved" stamps and put them aside - they're NOT going back in the drawer! I didn't realise there were so many of them! Said pal visited earlier in the week (see previous post) and rummaged through and took some away with her, but it seemed she hardly made a dent! Since she left I have been photographing each stamp, cropping the photo, shrinking the photo, measuring and weighing the image, checking the postage on the Royal Mail web site (OMG! How expensive is it to send wooden stamps individually?) and then uploading to my separate page on my blog. I THINK I have all the photos on the blog but am still working on the weights and measures aspect!! Wish me luck with getting that finished by the end of today.

When you look at the scale of the problem, you'll see why it's taken a while


Anyway, enough of that, at least I AM winning with that chore and it WILL be worth doing if some of those stamps can go to loving homes. Do feel free to check out the separate page on this blog - see it here. I have had to calculate postage at £2.20 for MOST of the images, regardless of size, because of Royal Mail but please remember that I am HAPPY to bundle more than one image together which will probably mean only one lot of £2.20! so, BUY, BUY, BUY!

Don't forget that there is still time to join the Hobbycutz blog hop and be in with a chance of winning some fab prizes, start here and follow the links, leaving comments, in order to be eligible

And now for the Friday Funny, this week from Marsha in the U.S. - thanks Marsha, you're in the draw!! ENJOY ...... it's really one of those "out of the mouths of babes" today!!!!

It was the end of the day when I parked my police van in front of the station. As I gathered my equipment, my K-9 partner, Jake, was barking, and I saw a little boy staring in at me.

'Is that a dog you got back there?' he asked.


'It sure is,' I replied.

Puzzled, the boy looked at me and then towards the back of the van. Finally he said, 'What'd he do?


Have a fabulous Friday and a great weekend. I have a number of pals feeling under the weather right now and I'd just like to say - feel better soon!


6 comments:

Debs M said...

great tag and ff Kathy x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

FAB tag Kathy

I must NOT look at your stamps page, I MUST NOT . . . . Oh I am weak . . .

Hugs
Sarn xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Loving the tag....and can't resist a look at the stamps.

Brenda Brown said...

Great tag and I had to have a chuckle at the FF.
Have a great weekend.
hugs {brenda} x0x #90

Darnell J Knauss said...

OMW, what a mahoosive job, Kathy! No wonder you've been a bit quiet! It will be nice to see them go to new homes and I wish you good luck with the sales.

Thanks for the adorable funny and I think your tag is fantastic!!

Doodles said...

Oh your work is just stunning I love it so pretty xx