Friday, 15 March 2013

Hey Hey .... it's the WEEKEND!

Morning all,

Hope you are having a good Friday so far and have a perfectly splendid weekend planned - even if it's only "chillaxing" after a busy week.

I've a couple of pals who've had the lurgy (the flu like cold that's being doing the rounds!) so here's hoping they're all starting to feel much better - especially now the sun's out for the second day running!!!

I've also sadly neglecting my bloggy, and blogging pals, this week - been working on things I haven't been able to share ..... yet!! So, here's something I can share, when I started out it was going to be one of those pesky masculine cards we all find so hard to get to grips with sometimes! Guess what? Interrupted by the postman bringing me new stash and you know what? Suddenly I didn't want to make a masculine card any more!!! SURPRISED? Me either!!!! So, I broke out my new stash and tried a new idea I saw on TV recently - it didn't work as well as it did on TV but hey - I'm sure the presenter had done it more than once  before I saw it anyway!! I saw it on C&C TV (and Diane Reavely used it with great success on a youtube vid recently too but that was with Dylusions inks) - using a waterbrush to remove colour from the centre of the image to avoid muddying when re-colouring in a different colour). I HAVEN'T yet adhered the image panel to the card blank as I'm waiting for you good peeps to give me your opinion. I tried several matting panel colours before settling on this one too (pink, orange, different yellow!) - see what you think, for a first attempt, and let me know ......


Materials used:
  • 12½cm square white, 250 gsm card and matching sized envelope
  • 11½cm square neon yellow card
  • 11cm square white panel coloured using Distress Inks (squeezed lemonade, spun sugar and peacock feathers), a blending mat and a Tim Holtz blending tool
  • JOFY images stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Water brush and paper towel used to take some colour out of the leaves and flowers.
  • Distress Inks and water ..... forest moss, ripe persimmon and mustard seed used to colour in the flowers and leaves
  • Twinkling H2O's in deep green and pink (I think it's called Jasmine) to give a pearlised finish in places
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle sentiment (the one in the JOFY set was too wide for my panel at 12½cm long!) stamped using Versafine onyx black ink

Freshly arrived stash, courtesy of That's Crafty!

I quite like the more hand drawn look to the images and even the colouring so be advised I wasn't going for "perfect" colouring!!!

And now for the Friday Funny, this week's comes to you courtesy of Pat .... so blame her!!

TEXTING CODES - SENIORS edition!!!!

Young people have theirs, so now Seniors have their own texting codes:
  • ATD- At the Doctor's
  • BFF - Best Friends Funeral
  • BTW- Bring the Wheelchair
  • BYOT - Bring Your Own Teeth
  • CBM- Covered by Medicare
  • CUATSC- See You at the Senior Center
  • DWI- Driving While Incontinent
  • FWIW - Forgot Where I Was
  • GGPBL- Gotta Go, Pacemaker Battery Low
  • GHA - Got Heartburn Again
  • HGBM - Had Good Bowel Movement
  • LMDO- Laughing My Dentures Out
  • LOL- Living on Lipitor
  • OMSG - Oh My! Sorry, Gas
  • TOT- Texting on Toilet
  • WAITT - Who Am I Talking To?
Hope these help. GGLKI (Gotta Go, Laxative Kicking in!)


Anyway, have a great weekend - see you tomorrow for some new challenges!


6 comments:

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Hi Kathy . . . I like what you've done. As to matting . . . I'd probably choose dramatic black for contrast as you already have it in the inked images.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Ooooh, you got them then. I am soooo jealous. They're lush aren't they and I love what you've done with them. I say again OoooooOOOOOooohhhh ;oD

Great Friday Funny too I nearly PMP ;oD

Debs M said...

ooh scrummy card...hmm tough one - i would want to see what it looks like with the others..or mat a couple of colours x

Faith A said...

I LOVE what you have done with the card.

Text codes - Just my kind of humour.

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous card, love the jofy stamps.
hugs {brenda} x0x

My name is Wynneth said...

Ooooo..... you lucky girl !!! I've been lusting after those babies for soooooo... long ;OD I've lost count of the number of times they've been in my online shopping basket, then taken out again as I can't quite justify spending the money LOL Love what you did with them on your first 'play' session, I just know you will have a great time using these in the future.

What a great FF too, I'm still giggling at some of them !!!!
luv
wynneth
x