Wednesday, 20 March 2013

Hump day or What's On Your Work Desk WEDNESDAY?????

Wotcher peeps,

Having solved the flashing blog background problem yesterday and spent the day with a fab purple polka dot backdrop to my blog I set out to see if I could "FUNK UP" up my blog ....... those who know me may know that I was a closet headbanger in my mis-spent youth and indeed, the last concert I attended (with pal, Lauren) was Iron Maiden!!! It therefore seemed perfect when I spotted the triffik purple rock star blog backdrop!! Like it folks?

Actually, I spent much of yesterday away from home as it was car service and MOT day, which meant a lovely cooked English breakfast in a cafe in Bradford on Avon, followed by a walk around the town before moving on to Frome. Now, both of us have been to Frome before but not for many years so, imagine our surprise when we found it to be a really neat place to rummage for an hour! I came home with several presents for friends too - re-SULT!

Our neighbours have just acquired a puppy too, an adorable little ball of white fluff named "Alfie", he's just about old enough to be having his first round of shots too - ahhhhhhh. What is Alfie? He's a bichon frise and looks soooooo cute - looking forward to seeing more of him over the summer!

On to the crafting and a new challenge has been launched over on CASology - this week's theme? SONG - hmmmm, may have to THINK about that one!

In the meantime, I HAVE managed a little crafting and, inspired by a card received from my good friend, WYNNETH, I experimented with her technique and a recent stamp acquisition (no, it's NOT my JOFY's on this occasion) and Distress Inks using the DTP method .....


Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Distress Inks: picked raspberry and squeezed lemonade used DTP
  • Kaisercraft (arty) image and Hero Arts sentiment both stamped using Versafine onyx black ink

And there you have it - couldn't really be much simpler, much more CAS or more fabulous, eh? Why not check out her blog too, she's well talented! It's such a simple technique that I don't know why I haven't tried it before especially when it looks so great too - thanks matey.

So, is it HUMP DAY or WHAT'S ON YOUR WORK DESK WEDNESDAY in your World? Well, since it's What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday in my World .... here's what's on my desk today!



You can see the drawer with all my D.I.'s in remains wide open - which may give you a clue that I'm not done with Wynneth's technique yet either!!!!!


Happy Wednesday

13 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Gorgeous card hun, it may be a simple technique, but what a stunning result! Oooh, pics of Alfie please ..... please please please?! Glad to see your craft space looks as mucky as mine done, rofl!! Hugs Sxx

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this CAS card Kathy. Oh my goodness your settee looks inviting . . . as does your desk!

I also love your rock chick blog background! Way to go.

Iron Maiden indeed! And there was me thinking you were the shy, retiring type!!!! LOL! (Not)

xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Very funked up.Kathy...and a great card.

Kathyk said...

Shy? Retiring? Me?!!!!!!

Do you think the background's too much?

Kathyk

Viv's Visuals said...

Fab result from this technique (which I will undoubtedly have to try!!) Love the colours too!

Lauren Hatwell said...

Your new bloggy background is indeed fabulous and SO YOU. I wholeheartedly approve.

Gorgeous card too. Love that Warm Fuzzies sentiment; its perfect for almost any occasion :oD

Lx

Katiejane said...

Triffik indeed! Headbanger? Any pics? ;)
Great card, how lovely that it was inspired by Wynneth.
Check out all those DI inks! Love how the plant is trapped by your stash in the background lol. We know what's more important.
Have a great Wednesday.
Katie

Lilian said...

Great card Kathy. Love the colours, The background is great ansd not to much, Hugs
lilian

Brenda Brown said...

Great card, amazing desk.
x0x

laurie said...

I like the new fun look on your blog!

Debs M said...

great background, love the card-great effect! x

Darnell J Knauss said...

Dude, you have been on a creative ROLL!! I now need to put my scrolling index finger into a cast, but it was well worth it to see all your inspired work!!

And s'kool what you did with the blog and the purple geetar is perfect for you, you old headbanger!! Mwah!

Daen'Ys said...

I love these colors and geometric shapes! Great card!!

Rosi x