Saturday, 9 March 2013

Murky Morning greetings to you all!

Morning readers,

OH MY! What a murky old day it is today? Tuesday we all thought spring was well on the way, Wednesday was wet and wintry and then ...... just DULL!!!! Luckily it's not overly cold - thank goodness! Ah well, we live in hope that when Spring DOES finally make an appearance we shall all appreciate it!!

Saturday is challenge day for me and I'm off and running this morning with a make for the Simply Less Is More challenge - this week's is the challenge that USED to scare the heck out of us all - the ONE LAYER CARD with the added theme of - "SPOTS AND STRIPES". I was very taken with the examples shown and would have dearly liked to exactly copy at least one but ...... no, I can do different too!


Materials used:
  • 12½cm square white, 250gsm card and matching sized envelope
  • Hero Arts striped image stamped using Memento tangelo ink
  • Spotty images, by Hero Arts as mini set of 4, stamped using Memento inks: rosebud, Bahama blue, grape jelly
  • Kaisercraft mini sentiment sets stamped using Memento grape jelly and rosebud inks

Of course, you KNOW we're our own worst critics, I find myself wondering if it might have been better had I stamped the striped image the other way - what are your thoughts readers?

Of course, there are other fabulous challenges to have a go at - so you might even see a second post from me, especially as I've been a bit absent from the table of craftiness this week! WHY? I hear you cry .......... well, I have been going through my "no longer loved" stamps and photographing them to put on my blog for sale so do, please, check out the separate page here. Please be advised that I have shown prices to include post for individual stamps so, if you want more than one I am HAPPY to bundle in one package to lower postage - since the postage itself is little short of legalised highway robbery! Anyhoo ..... hubby's off to the post office with another package of stamps on their way to a new owner who, I hope, will love them all over again! If you are popping over to have a look, I have marked those no longer available as SOLD!

I digressed from the original topic of my last paragraph which was to say that there are more challenges in my side bar if you are looking for inspiration this murky old morning!! HAVE FUN!

Have a great weekend


15 comments:

Margaret said...

Great card Kathy. Good luck with your sale!
Margaret x

Chrissie said...

Horizontal stripes are fine with me Kathy. It looks fun!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Debs M said...

love the colours on this one too - i have a half started card with spots on from yesterday for one of the cas challenges x

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Love this!

Sue - said...

Lovely cheerful card.

Gillian said...

Fab card

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Lovely colours and it's a perfect card for the challenge Kathy.

xxx

mypapercraftworld said...

Super fun bright card ... because both the stripes stamp and card base are square, I think the stripes could go either way ... looks great the way it is! Anita :)

Anne said...

Lovely cheerful colours, this is fun

Loli said...

Hola Kathy, funny design remind me the bubbles what i make with my son:D, the stripes look fabulous, good job.
Hugs from sunny Palma.

Sue said...

What a lovely fun card, Kathy, like your colours, very pretty.

Sylv said...

Wonderful card, love the stamping.

Sylv xx

Katiejane said...

Blimey, a crafty sort out ay? That may take a while with your collection!
Another great card here, I have to say I like this just as much as the other.
Great CAS cards as ever.
Katie x

fun stamping said...

Cute card - so cheerful!

My name is Wynneth said...

Sorry I've not stopped by for a while Matey, well, you know what's been going on with me, so I won't go into detail ! Anyway, this is a faberooney LIM card, I love all the different colours and those are great images you chose for your design.

Well done on sorting out your stamp stash and were actually able to let go of some of them ! I'm sure they will be loved by their new owners.

Right, off to catch up with more of your posts that I've missed.
luv
wynneth
x