Sunday, 17 March 2013

Second post Sunday!! OMG(oodness!) I'm on a roll!

Second post from me and I am DEFINITELY on a creative roll this weekend - welcome back to my mojo!!

Since they forecast SNOW for us today I thought I would make the most of the excuse to stay in and craft .....

I found a new challenge this morning ...... Sunday Sketch and Stamp. How did I find this? Well, a fellow crafter that I know from Craftbubble has the honour of presenting her sketch for this challenge ... as a follower I picked it up from her blog - gr8 sketch Catherine! I just KNEW I had to have a go and I also knew that my new JOFY's would be deployed again too. Given the green on the leaves I find myself wondering if I could use it to enter the pan pastels "A TOUCH OF GREEN" challenge too.


Materials used:
  • 15cm square, 300 gsm white, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope (which will, as usual, be decorated to co-ordinate with my card)
  • 14 x 7½cm and 11 x 3½cm panels of black card
  • 13½ x 7 cm and 10½ x 3cm panels of white card
  • JOFY images from collection 09 stamped on larger white panel using Versafine onyx black ink and single image (from the same set) on to the narrow panel
  • Dylusions inks and gloss gel medium mixed on a blending sheet and then images "painted"
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle sentiment stamped directly on to card blank using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Narrow white satin ribbon coloured with a yellow alcohol marker and tied in an off centre knot

And a close up which shows the "touch of green" a little better perhaps

And there you have it ..... my entry for the challenge over at Sunday Sketch and Stamp - want to see Catherine's sketch? Here it is then:-



Have a great Sunday and .... Happy St Patricks Day


14 comments:

clare said...

beautiful card kathy. love those new stamps. off to look at this new challenge then. x

Lilian said...

Great card Kathy. you sure are on a roll Hugs
lilian

Brenda Brown said...

You certainly are on a roll, fabulous Jofy card again.
Happy Sunday.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Brenda Brown said...

Woops, I meant to say thanks for linking to the PanPastel challenge with your touch of green.
hugs {brenda} x0x

catherine said...

This is a fantastic take on my sketch Kathy and so glad you came to play along with us over at Sunday Sketch and Stamp this week. Love those stamps and the colour
x catherine

Claire said...

Beautiful card, love those stamps! Thanks for joining us at PanPastel UK this week
Claire xx

Cherry said...

Love those JOFYs Kathy and how you are employing them. Super wonderful colours and placement. Stay in the warm. Hugs Cherry xxx

My name is Wynneth said...

Great sketch Catherine and what a fabulous creation using it kathy. Those JOFYs certainly are extremely splendid and green with envy !

Good to hear Mr Mojo has come home again LOL
luv
wynneth
x

Janice said...

Lovely work, what a great card. Jx

froebelsternchen Susi said...

this looks stunning!
you are really in creative flow

wow!

so maybe you have also fun on Moo(s)?!
Do you know what a MOO is?
MOO-MANIA-CHALLENGE

maybe you have fun to participte our forthnight challenges there!

xxx from Austria

Katiejane said...

Stunning card Kathy, those stamps are devine. Have a lovely week.
Katie x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

LOVE this Kathy. You're making the most of your new stamps . . . love 'em. xxx

Francesca said...

Wonderful card , thanks for joining us at Sunday sketch and stamp

Francesca x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really gorgeous, I love the fun images and the layout is fab. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
Lindsay xx