Sunday, 10 March 2013

Second post - wot AGAIN!

That's two days on the trot there have been two posts from me!!! If you missed my earlier post - and 52CCT card then please check it out here, if you have both the time and the inclination!! THANKS

Anyway, the reason for this second post? Well, I set out to make an entry for the pan pastels challenge - least I could do since they picked my name out yesterday as the winner of challenge #9. IF things had gone well then my entry would have appeared in my earlier post but my mojo's on the fritz and I wasn't entirely happy with it for the challenge - the theme being "GIRLY" ....... so I set it aside and took a shower instead. When I came out of the shower a thought had formed in my head (no jokes like "REALLY??????" thanks!) and I set to work on the second one which I hope proves more girly than the first - here they both are - you be the judge!


Materials used:
  • 15cm square, white, 300 gsm scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Spotty, striped and floral papers from a stack by My Minds Eye, either cut to fit card or nested die cut
  • White card die cut in to a plain and a scallop edged circle
  • Printworks "splatter" image inked with versamark ink and stamped randomly round the scalloped circle before applying Pan Pastel turquoise shade
  • Penny Black image stamped using Memento tuxedo black and coloured using Pro Markers and Copic Atyou Spica glitter pens
  • Crystal stickles applied to the dress detail - can't see it? then check out the close up below



And here's the "reject" - whilst there's nothing really WRONG with this card I DO feel the card above is far more "girly"!


Materials used:
  • White, deckle edged, 300 gsm C6 card and matching sized envelope
  • Panel of glitter card
  • White card panel
  • Art Impression image and Magenta sentiment stamped on to white panel using versamark ink before applying Magenta and Violet pan pastels
  • Three glittery flowers to embellish

I hope I haven't taken up too much of your Sunday / Mothers Day - carry on!!!



12 comments:

Chris said...

Yup, Kathy I think you're right -the top card IS more girly! Both lovely cards though!
Chris
x

Debs M said...

ooh toughie...i suppose girlie suggests younger girl so yes the first...but I prefer the second if I had to pick out the 2 - i guess that is no help at all! x

Janice said...

Lovely cards the both. The girly one up top is delightful. Thanks also for the heads up on pan pastels as I thought U had to use them to enter. Well done on your win. Jx

froebelsternchen Susi said...

gorgeous cards ..and congrats on your winning!

scrappyjacky said...

I like them both....but the top one is more girly.

Brenda Brown said...

Congrats on your win, so well deserved. These are both lovely girly cards in their own way, it's lovely to see them both at PanPastel UK, thanks so much for sharing them with us and for your continued support.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Lilian said...

Both great cards Kathy, As you say though the top one is more GIRLY, Have to say though I love the other one.
Hugs
lilian

Katiejane said...

I have to agree, although very feminine -the top card is deffinitely more girly.
Well done on your win!
Katie x

Claire said...

Both beautiful cards, really lovely. Congrats on your win too! Thanks for sharing at PanPastel UK this week
Claire xx

Viv said...

Great cards Kathy, the pastels look lovely too :) Viv xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

This is fab, I love the sweet image and the papers are brilliant. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge
Lindsay xx

My name is Wynneth said...

Two awesome cards kathy ! I do have to beg to differ though as I feel they are both girly - just different types of 'girly'.

The top one is little girly and very pretty and I love it.

The second one is very chic and sophisticated girly.

If I had to make a choice personally, I'd opt for the second one as my favourite.

luv
wynneth
x