Sunday, 10 March 2013

Sunday and MOTHERS DAY in the U.K. too

Morning peeps,

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to my U.K. readers

How goes it this morning? I have a few pals (rather too many for my liking) who have been suffering of late, with the current flu-like bug that's going round. I'd just like to say "HI" to them all and GET WELL SOON - this applies to any of my readers suffering too.

Yesterday I was playing with Indigoblu flitter glue and gilding flakes and boy, what a mess I got myself in! That stuff sure is sticky with a capital "S" - wanna see what I made?


Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Gold mirri card (for matting)
  • Gold ribbon tied in an off centre knot
  • Black card panel on to which I stamped the unknown image using flitter glue in place of ink
  • Gilding flakes - liberally placed over the image and worked in with my fingers before brushing off the excess using a stencil brush
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink

This card is for the challenge over at 52CCT (Christmas Card Throwdown) where their challenge is a colour challenge: Black, Gold and White. I hope they'll forgive that my gilding flakes have a couple of spurious colours in there too - I tried to pick out the golds but (as anyone who's used gilding flakes will know) these pesky little flakes seem to have minds of their own!!! I carried the design over on to the envelope and insert too, using Versacolour gold ink in place of the gilding flakes - not sure how well gilding flakes might survive in the postal system - I have visions of gilding flakes clogging up the automatic sorting machines!!!! Can't have that, come Christmas now, can we?

Here's the envelope

And a closer view of the gilding flakes

Of course, this morning sees the launch of a new challenge over on the Pan Pastels blog too. This week their challenge (in honour of Mothers Day) is "GIRLY". Gr8 news in the Purple Palace yesterday, my entry was picked as the winner for challenge 9, so I'm cock a hoop! Thanks to Pete and the team at Pan Pastels.

Don't forget the Hobbycutz blog hop remains open till next Saturday, there are some fab prizes for following a few simple rules. If you would like to have a go then start here - GOOD LUCK


Have a fab Sunday


13 comments:

Debs M said...

great make Kathy - im sure it was worth being covered in gilding flakes!! x

Patricia H said...

I bet the gilding flakes give your card a gorgeous shimmer in real life! I like the scalloped edges, too. Thanks for joining in this week's 52{C}CT challenge!

Deborah Frings said...

I love gilding flakes - they always give a beautiful glow to a card! Your card is just lovely! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

Louise van Vuren said...

Lovely gilding, I always get in a sticky mess too! Love the decorated envelope too.Thank you for joining in with our colour challenge at 52 CCT this week

Louise xx

Mynnette said...

Absolutely gorgeous use of the gilding flakes, Kathy! The mess really paid off!!! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

Danielle Vincent said...

Really gorgeous! Thanks for joining us this week at 52CCT!

Lilian said...

Kathy. They sure are lovely cards, those gilding flakes sure are pretty. Maybe they might be the next thing I buy lol.Hugs
lilian

Daen'Ys said...

Beautiful card! Love the little splashes of color!

Rosi x

Ruth M said...

What a lovely Christmas card Kathy, I love gilding flakes, they always provide an "oooooh" moment and wow factor - but yes, messy too!
Fab to see a decorated inside and envelope too!
Thanks for playing along with us at 52 {C}CT, please come back soon! Ruth x

Katiejane said...

Well, it was worth getting in a sticky-twist for that's for sure! Love the metallic shimmer Kathy.
Plus the co-ordinating envelope makes it all the more perfect.
Katie x

sarahstone said...

Thank you for your well-wishes. I've been under the weather all week. I'm not sure what gilding flakes are, but it sure looks interesting. I love the pine branches! Thanks for joining in at 52CCT.

Julia said...

Lovely card!!

My name is Wynneth said...

Gorgeous card kathy, I'm still to learn to like guilding flakes myself, but you use them to great effect. Think you're right, they may well have clogged up the fancy postal machinery if you'd added them to the envelope !

Huge congrats on your well deserved win over on the PP challenge.

This particular flu/virus victim is making slow but sure progress on the road to recovery.

luv
wynneth
x