Sunday, 31 March 2013

Sunday morning and new challenges

Morning all,

HAPPY EASTER - Hope you all remembered to set your clocks one hour forward last night!!

A new Sunday challenge started a few weeks ago over on the Hobby Cutz blog and today it is my turn to present the third challenge. My challenge brief was to present a CAS (Clean And Simple) sketch, take a look below
And here is my card for this challenge, naturally, I've used a Hobby Cutz laser cut die. However, you don't have to use a Hobbycutz die in order to enter but there are additional prizes available to those who do. As you can see, I have turned my sketch upside down and gone slightly quirky!! ........  I'm also entering this for the "ANYTHING GOES" challenge over on the Pan Pastels challenge blog.




Materials used:
  • 15cm square, 300 gsm white scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Distress Ink in seedless preserve sponged round the outer edged of my card and then flicked with water which was then allowed to "develop" for a few seconds before blotting with paper towel.
  • 14cm square panel run through my Tim Holtz embossing folder and then very lightly sponged with Distress Ink weathered wood on the very edges, just to give a line of definition between the card and the embossed layer.
  • My Hobby Cutz die cut (S0042) was coloured with treasure gold in onyxite, applied with a cosmetic sponge, then very lightly brushed with liquid gold leaf in classic gold and set aside to dry. There's just the merest hint of gold on the fence and, sadly, my photography has not shown this to it's best - sorry readers!
  • Paper Artsy image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink on to white card and cut out before sponging Distress Inks: seedless preserves, shabby shutters and pumice stone on the image
  • Paper Artsy sentiment stamped on to white card using Versafine onyx black ink and cut out before sponging with Distress Ink in seedless preserve (I used the sponge I had used for the card edging without adding further ink). It was then matted on to black card.

It may sound complex but there is still plenty of plain white space and has only three elements to it thus qualifying it as Clean And Simple - hope you like it.

On a bit of a crafting roll yesterday with my one card two challenges ..... and I managed a piece for the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown challenge too - the theme was "ANYTHING BUT A CARD" so I went with a tag and, whilst I'm sure lots of other entries will also feature tags ...... you can never have too many tags now .... can you? However (and don't you hate it when this happens?) on reading a post by the Galloping Granny I hastened back to re-read the rules and it says .... Anything but a card, ATC or tag so I guess I can't enter it after all - but, I'm always going to need a tag or 50 anyway so it's not like it's wasted!


Materials used:
  • Go Kreate die tag - I cut one in white card and one in Kraft card and then adhered them together.
  • On the white card side I stamped my Kaisercraft image of bubble wrap using versamark ink before sponging pan pastels in Hansa Yellow and Permanent Red
  • I stamped the Recollections Santa hat on to white card using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Alcohol inks used to colour the image
  • Stardust stickles used to highlight the "fur" areas of the hat.
  • Once the hat was adhered to my tag I stamped the Hero Arts sentiment, directly on to the tag using Versafine onyx black ink

Hope you like it and I hope my fellow 52CCT-ers will forgive my error too!


Happy Easter Sunday to one and all

15 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Great pieces Kathy, so love the embossing folder you used in the first card.
Happy Easter Sunday.
Hugs Brenda xox

Natali said...

Beautiful card. Love this embossing with touch of distress. Great idea with wood fence die.
Hugs,
Natali
Congratulations with winning of my candy!!! Happy Easter!!

Sue Bridesmith said...

Great cards Kathy, glad I'm not the only one who makes the odd....boob, still we can't be perfect all of the time.....can we !!!!!
Happy Easter.
Hugs
Suzy B :)
xx

scrappyjacky said...

Happy Easter to you.

Rosie said...

Wonderful artwork, Kathy.

Happy Easter

Donna said...

Beautiful creations Kathy although its the card thats caught my eye, stunning work and a fab, unique image :) Donna ♥ x

catherine said...

These look great Kathy and a great take on the sketch. happy easter to you
x catherine

Denise said...

Hi Kathy,
What 2 lovely projects!
Love
Denise
xoxo

Debs M said...

great makes Kathy x

Chris said...

Hi Kathy! Love your sketch! (thanks!) and your take on it is fabulous! Like the tag you've made too (never too soon to start preparing for Christmas!:)
Chris
x

Katiejane said...

Love the quirkiness of the card Kathy, it's really eye-catching.
Get you creating for Xmas already (as jealous of your organisation as ever)!
Wishing you and Steve a very Happy Easter.
Katie x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Fabby! Lx

Deborah Frings said...

Oh Kathy - you've been busy!

I really like your Christmas tag, but you've done exactly what I did - we meant anything but NOT a card, ATC or tag!!! It is nonetheless very sweet!

I really like the card that image with the clockface is fab!

Claire said...

Hi Kathy, wow what a fab card, love all the embossing. Such a cute tag too. Thanks for joining us at PanPastel UK this week
Claire xx

sarahstone said...

Sorry your tag won't qualify for our top honor, but it really is cute! I like the glitter on the hat! Thanks for (attempting) playing at 52CCT! We'll see you next time!