Tuesday, 5 March 2013

too cool Tuesday!

Hi there,

First order of business is to welcome my new follower, Avril Ann to my blog thanks for following - hope you will stop back from time to time too

I have lots of cards already made so thought that, for a change, I would have a go at something other than a card - hence my project for the Pan Pastels challenge number 9 which is to "ALTER IT" and I just happened to have a pretty cool shaped ice cream carton ....



Which I then covered with gesso and set aside to dry.....



Next it was the turn of some printed tissue paper, adhered using Claudine Hellmuth matte medium applied with a cosmetic sponge



Once that was dry it was time to start decorating ..... I mixed a little iridescent medium with kiwi mica powders and "finger painted" the lid, using pan pastels (phthalo green and yellow green) on the sides


And finally some punched canvas flowers (coloured with distress inks and mica powders), some paper flowers and leaves, some screw head brads, a tag coloured with Distress Ink (mown lawn) and a stamping up sentiment and what do you have? This ....



Hope you like it, now I just have to decide what to keep in it ......

Happy Tuesday and a very Happy Birthday to my pal, Wynneth, hope you are feeling better too matey!


11 comments:

Lilian said...

Thats great Kathy. You sure are clever. Hugs
lilian

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous altered tub Kathy. I think I would keep my flowers in it if I ad made it.
Have a great week.
Hugs {Brenda} x0x

Debs M said...

great shape and fabby altered box. Loving those flowers too x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Wonderful alteration there Kathy!

I altered a Carte D'or ice cream box a while back. I now use it as my craft desktop bin!

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Natali said...

Wow!! This so lovely project!!
Hugs,
Natali

Lacelady said...

Interesting concept Kathy - will look at containers in a different way from now on. And it's tempting to get more icecream too!

Katiejane said...

Oh it looks fantastic Kathy, you'd never know it started out as an ice-cream carton! Maybe store pre-coloured images in it?
A great alternative to cardmaking as I imagine you have quite a stock!
Btw, the card was for fellow knitting pal Wynneth!
Have a lovely day.
Katie

Claire said...

Hi Kathy, what a clever piece of recyling and the finished project is gorgeous! Love the flowers, they are fab. Thanks so much for joining us at PanPastel UK this week and good luck
Claire xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Gorgeous project, love it. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
Lindsay xx

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Just came from Pan Pastel where you won the Alter challenge. Congrats! Like the altered makeover on the ice cream container.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Claire said...

Hi Kathy - congrats on winning the Pan Pastel challenge this week! The ice cream tub ended up looking great :)