Monday, 1 April 2013

Monday again and welcome to APRIL!!!

Afternoon,

Welcome to April 1st 2013 - tell me, do you play April 1st pranks? MANY (MANY) years ago I used to but I got it wrong one year and my dad fell for it ....... it didn't turn out too funny at all and, since then, I've avoided pranks on April Fool's Day. I DO sometimes find the published ones (papers, TV, etc) amusing but mostly think it would be best avoided - how do you feel about it?

Anyway, here we are in April already - someone really SHOULD tell the weather as it's far more like February than April where I am! British Summer Time started overnight Saturday/Sunday and here we are with temperatures of 0°c - in APRIL!?!?!?!? No wonder the buzz in travel circles was that this was likely to be the busiest Easter getaway for many a year!

So, instead of jetting away somewhere warm and sunny what did we do for the Easter break? Well, pretty much ....... nothing!!! Hubby was busy trimming hedges and grass yesterday -ah yes,  lawn mowers and hedge trimmers - the sounds of suburbia in the "summer"!!!

As I said (and I think you will all have spotted already) it's April and time to start some new monthly challenges.

It's my turn to set a challenge on the Aunty's Forum and I've chosen a relatively Clean And Simple sketch but my fellow "Auntys" aren't all bitten by the CAS bug so I've said they can gussy it up as much or as little as they want!!

A few people I know muttered last year about being all behind with their Christmas cards ..... Rudolph Day (on the 25th of each month) is generating 11 through the year (multiplied by the number of the R.D. challenges you enter) and there is always the blog Christmas Cards All Year Round. Now I'm only a very occasional visitor there but their new challenge is: "OH CHRISTMAS TREE" - and I'm sure you don't really need me to tell you that a Christmas tree has to feature in your card!!!! I only mention it because I misread the challenge brief myself only days ago!! OOOPSIE! Yes, I headed off and made my project (a lovely little tag), photographed, posted and entered ...... and THEN read that a tag was NOT a valid entry - DUH! How stooooooopid did I feel? Pretty stoooooopid I can tell you!
 
And, in addition to entering this card for the Auntys challenge and the CCAYR challenge of "TREE" I'm going to enter it in to the "ANYTHING GOES" challenge on a new challenge blog set up by Paula Holifield and want to thank Debs for pointing it out to me

So, it was off to the table of craftiness for me ..... after another revitalising cup of coffee! I decided to go against my obsession with CAS today and this is what happened .....

 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Green card for matting
  • DCWV paper and matching glittered "TREE" card
  • Scallop die cut circle of silver mirri card
  • White card for the image panel and sentiment
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle image and Hero Arts sentiment both stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Alcohol markers and Copic Atyo Spica glitter pens to colour image
  • Liquitex iridescent medium used to "paint" my snowman before sprinkling LIBERALLY with Crystal Glamour Dust

Here's how the envelope and insert turned out too.



Happy Monday - enjoy April


9 comments:

Debs M said...

I don't bother with Aprils fools Kathy - love the card and the insert and envelope look fab! x

Lilian said...

Great card, envelope and insert Kathy, i have been trying to get a card made this morning BUT without much joy.
Hugs
lilian

Cheryl said...

i never bother with april fool either hun,but i love the card,you have done hun with the gorgeous envelope and insert hugs Cherylxxx

clare said...

It's lovely kathy, love the insert and envelope. Thanks joining us @ CCAYR. X

catherine said...

This looks like a great set Kathy. Love the snowman and effect and great decorating on the envelope and insert too
x catherine

CraftinGranny said...

Wonderful Christmas card Kathy. So glad you could join us at CCAYR this month and hope to see you back again soon. Good luck in the challenge. "Hugs" Carol, DT

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Terrific festive card Kathy. As I've gone back to work today, the sun has decided to make an appearance . . . TYPICAL! xxx

Lozzapops said...

Hi Kathy! I am bit of a purple monster myself .. love it! Lovely card and thanks for sharing at our first A Little Bit Craft challenge!! Laura xx

Sue Bridesmith said...

Lurve it,

Hugs
Suzy B :)
Xx