Monday, 8 April 2013

Monday and the start of another week .....

Hi there,

I said that it is the start of another week .... and it is ..... April 8th already - where are the week's going? At this rate it will soon be Christmas!! YIKES! Every year I swear I will not let it SNEAK up on me but ... here it comes! I almost missed January/February and March they went so fast! Is it just me?

This has probably come about because of the tremendously busy weekend we've just had, seems like five minutes ago I was telling people about our dinner plans and then the weekend started, no time to breathe, and it was ..... gone!!!

Friday dinner, Saturday dinner, Sunday afternoon catching up with a pal over coffee - lovely way to spend a weekend. New stash delivered Saturday morning and hardly any time to play either ...... but I've made time and here was what I made with my early birthday present of the Stampers Anonymous set entitled "Time Traveller" - thanks again Lauren and family ..........


Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square black card panel
  • 13 cm square white card panel
  • Dylusions lemon zest and Adirondack espresso spray inks to create background
  • TCW mini harlequins mask used to spritz water on to background, left to develop and then blotted using paper towel
  • Stampers Anonymous luggage from the new Time Traveller set stamped using Memento rich cocoa
  • Tim Holtz clock face die cut in black card and adhered to base off the edge
  • Manila tag
  • Stampers Anonymous image from the Time Traveller set stamped on to tag using Memento tuxedo black
  • Distress Inks: tea dye and aged mahogany inked around the image
  • Brown organza ribbon threaded through tag and a separate piece used to tie a bow
Hope you like it, it's for a challenge that requires we use ribbon AND a bow and also a tag! I'm guessing you may be seeing this set again and again!

Happy Monday


6 comments:

catherine said...

Great minds do think alike Kathy!!
I love the way you have done yours and the background looks fabulous especially with the suitcases stamped on too.
x catherine

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Another super make here! Glad you made TIME for it! Did you time travel? xxx

Julia said...

Very nice Kathy. I like that image of the gentleman and like the colours you have used for the background. How did you manage to make this with such a busy weekend!

Sue Bridesmith said...

Great Card kathy, love the colours,
Hugs
Suzy B :)
Xx

Brenda Brown said...

A great way to use a tag on a card Kathy, love this one too.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Lacelady said...

Brilliant card, love the stamps too. Might have to investigate those. (and I won't mind seeing what else you do with them)