Wednesday, 10 April 2013

Morning and welcome to Whats On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Hi readers,

How's your week going? Mine appears to be disappearing in a cloud of dust and I'm doing my best to play catch up ....... and not doing particularly well I must say! You would think I would be able to play though as it's been wet and windy here the last couple of days - perfect crafting weather really!

I'm all behind with my challenges and my commenting - apologies if I usually visit your blog but haven't. I've made this card for the sketch challenge #16 over at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown ...... hope you like it




Materials used:
  • 20 x 12.5cm white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • 18 x 10.5cm red card panel
  • 17 x 9cm striped panel
  • LOTV image stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink and cut close
  • Red card to mat
  • Alcohol markers to colour and Crystal stickles to highlight the "snow"
  • Offcut of DCWV "tree" paper edged using a Martha Stewart punch
  • Black card to mat, similarly edged with the same Martha Stewart punch
  • Three "faux" pearls

Can't remember the sketch? Here it is again .... you will see that I turned it on its side to use it.


Here's how my work desk is looking this week - another messy week - sorry, mind you, if it was tidy you wouldn't recognise it as mine! My husband used to have a sign on his desk which stated that "a cluttered desk is a sign of genius"!!!! Then I must be really (REALLY) smart!



Before I go I'd like to wish my good friends Lauren and Alan a very Happy Anniversary for today - have a splendid day both.

And to the rest of you - have a great day too - I hope to have more time to chat next time!


9 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Great to be getting ahead with the christmas cards,Kathy.

Debs M said...

great card Kathy x

catherine said...

Great card and great take on the sketch Kathy. Looks like a lot of creativity in your desk today
x catherine

Deborah Frings said...

Kathy - your card is just lovely. I think the image is so sweet, and beautifully coloured. Love the border too. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

Mynnette said...

I just LOVE all the edging done on this fabulous creation! Gorgeous coloring of the darling image, too! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

Ruth M said...

Such a sweet Christmas card Kathy, adorable image! Love all those fancy edges!
Thanks so much for joining us at 52 {C}CT, please come back soon! Ruth x

Patricia H said...

I like how the image mixes "cute" with "vintage". I also like that you took the liberty of turning the sketch on its side! Very nicely done all around. Thanks for sharing your card in this week's sketch challenge at 52{C}CT! :)

Louise van Vuren said...

Your crafting desk looks very familiar to me! oh well... BUT your card is fabulous, love the way you rotated the sketch, much creativity going on at that dfesk! Thanks for playing along with us again at 52 CCT

Louise xx

Danielle Vincent said...

Well if having a desk that looks like that helps you make such fabulous cards then I say "what the heck... never clean it up" :o) I love your card this week - all the different edges are just fabulous and the image is darling. Thanks for joining us this week at 52CCT!