Friday, 5 April 2013

Morning - the weekend starts here!!!

Morning followers and visitors,

Another cold but sunny day here but, somehow, I just don't care! It's the weekend and we've a busy weekend ahead of us with dinner guests both tonight and tomorrow. We are seven for dinner tonight and four tomorrow - hubby will be chained to the kitchen for both occasions, bless him. Wish us luck and no broken anything (like glasses or plates!) since we're "entertaining" on two consecutive nights!

On Wednesday I posted two cards made using a technique from the May issue of Craft Stamper (as demonstrated by Kim Dellow on page 54 of said publication. Whilst there was NOTHING WRONG with either of them I just felt that they weren't quite ME enough - despite being several shades of purple apiece! Never one to quit I set out to have another go and came up with this ......




Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, scallop edged, 300 gsm card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13cm square white card panel
  • Offcut of the aubergine card used on the other two (the Mark I and Mark II editions)
  • Color Box heliotrope ink swiped across the white card panel
  • Kaisercraft bubblewrap image stamped using Color Box violet ink
  • Kaisercraft grid image stamped randomly using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Imagine That sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black

I didn't stick this down at the time as I was trying to decide whether to ink round the white card panel using either the heliotrope or the violet ink, to separate it a little from the card blank - and eventually decided that yes, I WOULD, ink around the edges using the violet ink and I also decided to add a Hobbycutz die cut butterfly which had been "blinged up" with glamour dust and it turned out like this ... better?



Not the best photograph but it DOES show the matting layer to be aubergine - all the others made it look black!

Yummy stash arrived yesterday, courtesy of Inkylicious, I ordered it before Easter but they were closed (because of shows as well as Easter) so only "technically" received the order on Tuesday - pretty impressive service ....


And now for the Friday Funny, courtesy of Marsha in the U.S. - thanks mate! This came via e-mail (with others, you may see some of those in the future) entitled

How men screw up romance (I hasten to add that this does NOT apply to all men!!!)



Oh boy, I bet he'd be in LOADS of trouble pulling that stunt!!!


Happy Friday!!! Have a great weekend


9 comments:

Lacelady said...

I think you pulled it off nicely with the card Kathy - and the pick is hilarious. I wonder how long it took to clear up the aftermath.

Lauren Hatwell said...

Cracking card Gromit and a lovely selection of stamps there too. Can't wait to see the little beauties in action.

Lx

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Your further attempt at the P54 technique is excellent Kathy.

Yikes . . . my man would be in BIG TROUBLE if he tried that in my bubblebath!

Have a great weekend. Don't burn anything during the entertaining! xxx

Debs M said...

great make Kathy, love the effect - great ff..oh to have a bath that big! but he would be in so much trouble

Sue Bridesmith said...

Lovely card Kathy, and I'm not sure my hubby Brian, would dare do that to me in the bath......
Hugs
Suzy B :)
xx

catherine said...

They look great these cards you have made and such a good technique. Great funny Friday
Have a great time with your guests
x catherine

Katiejane said...

Exciting looking stash Kathy, lots to keep you busy when you get the chance. Enjoy your dinner parties, hope Steve gets time to relax and have fun too.
Isn't it funny how specific we are with our designs. If they are not perfect I keep going til I either wreck it or make it right!
Have a lovely weekend, hope its something delich on the menu!
Katie x

My name is Wynneth said...

Hope you survived all the entertaining - bet you won't feel like eating again for a week !

I actually like version one of your card myself.

Love the FF !

luv
wynneth
x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Gorgeous, love these clean and simple layouts, I always find them so difficult, your new stamps look fabby too
Lindsay xx