Saturday, 20 April 2013

Saturday chatterday

Hi folks,
 
How's your weekend shaping up?
 
Yesterday we nipped out for the afternoon and headed up to Winter Garden Village .... we wanted a Target, a Best Buy and a Joann's and they have all of those stores within a 500 yard stretch of parking lot! Hubby went off to Best Buy to release his inner geek and I hit Joann's armed only with my wallet and a 50% discount voucher that I wasn't afraid to use ..... see below for what was on my shopping list. Shopping needs satisfied we took a drive out in the sunshine before ending up at our local Chili's for dinner where I enjoyed a bowl of chilli and hubby a club sandwich - mmm. Of course, it was happy hour with two for one beers too!!! Suits me!
 
Saturday's are usually challenge days for me and there are a number of challenges that I usually like to enter, one of my favourites is the Simply Less Is More challenge ...... this weeks CAS challenge is to CASe one of the two cards shown and made by the Design Team .... hope to BBL  with my take on this one.

There's also the theme of Santa Claus over on the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown challenge blog - hmmmm
 
And now for a card made using the fabbylicious Penny Black stamp recently acquired on a trip to Violettes ..... I needed some yellow alcohol markers and my copic skin white had chucked its hand in ....... so I decided to try out some of the Spectrum Noir pens ...... Joann's had them in packs of six so I came home with a selection of "Essentials" and a pack of "Yellows" - broke the packaging open for this card
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, scallop edged 300 gsm card and matching sized envelope
  • Studio 112 frame image (just a dollar!) stamped on to white card using Versafine onyx black ink. I stamped this frame a second time on to a post it and cut out the centre - to use as a mask ....
  • Penny Black image partially stamped inside the frame using Memento tuxedo black
  • Alcohol markers to colour image
  • Kraft and black card to mat
  • Clearly Wordsworth Birthday sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
 
As usual, the frame, image and sentiment was also carried across to embellish both the insert and the envelope - getting lots of mileage from this new stamp. Don't you love it when you realise how versatile your impulse purchase is going to be? I ALMOST didn't buy it and then thought, what the heck? It's JUST a dollar!
 
Have a great weekend, catch you tomorrow for some more challenges


3 comments:

Debs M said...

love that image - great card! x

Lilian said...

Great card Kathy, The image and colouris lovely, Hugs
lilian

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

It's a GREAT impulse buy Kathy. You've made a lovely card here. xxx