Saturday, 13 April 2013

Sunny Saturday - challenge day

Hi everyone,
 
Bit of a late start to the day from me - sorry peeps. It's warm and sunny here and I hope you have something similar.
 
Saturday being challenge days for me I wanted to have something to share with you before I posted.
 
On the Simply Less Is More challenge blog their challenge for this week was to make a One Layer Card with the inspiration taken from a film!! Difficult? You would think not, wouldn't you? And yet ...... my first attempt was "Monsters Inc" and, guess what? Someone beat me to it! Now I COULD have submitted it anyway and I'm sure that no-one would have minded BUT, with all the squillions of other movies in existence I felt sure I SHOULD do something different.
 
In the end I went with "School of Rock" - a fun movie with Jack Black and the music of AC/DC figuring prominently! Yee Haa
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 12cm square white 250 gsm card and matching sized envelope
  • Hampton Art text (clear) and number image (wood mounted) stamped using Memento sweet plum over the previously stamped Sparkle 'n Sprinkle (and masked) image inked with Versafine onyx black.
  • Fiskars sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
 
It was then on to an ATC as it's been a while since I made one just for fun!
 
 
Materials used
  • ATC blank
  • White card (ATC size) coloured with a Tim Holtz blending tool and Distress Inks: barn door, faded jeans, dusty concorde
  • Water spritzed over the D.I.'s and allowed to develop before mopping with paper towel
  • Inkylicious background foliage stamped twice and Inkadinkado image stamped once both with Versafine onyx black ink
 
Have a Super Saturday!

17 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Love the 'you rock' card.
Hope you're a bit drier than us!!

Debs M said...

great lim entry and i love that atc - the colours and foliage look great x

Chris said...

Hi Kathy, great card and I love the atc- stunning!
Chris
x

Gillian said...

What a great fun card and your atc is wonderful

Lauren Hatwell said...

Excellent idea Kathy. Two fabulous projects there. Your School of Rock card is an absolute triumph. Good luck with the challenge.

Lx

Linby said...

Great card - I was going to do this but the girly dresses won out!
Linbyx

The Crafty Laydee said...

Two great projects-i really like your Rock card :)
Best wishes,Nessa x

Chrissie said...

Love the card, but haven't heard of the movie Kathy... but then I am a bit of a Philistine!
Great job!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Margaret said...

Both brilliant Kathy
Margaret x

Brenda Brown said...

Love both of these Kathy particularly the ATC and the colour tones on it.
hugs {brenda} xox

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Both the card and the ATC are wonderful Kathy. Happy Sunday xxx

clare said...

Rockin card and I really live that ATC! X

Loli said...

Hola My rocker friend, great idea for your film!!! and the second card is perfect for the film "the birds" by Hitchcock, maybe another project?:D:D.Well done Kathy
A hug from veryyy sunny island

Aileen said...

Super card Kathy. Love this film too. x

Jan Ltc said...

Brilliant I love it xx Jan

Katiejane said...

Fab Kathy, love both films. Your card is very cool indeed, love the style you went with here.
Katie x

Jen said...

Fab cards and great films. Sorry for my late visit. Thanks for joining us this week
Jen
"Less Is More"