Tuesday, 23 April 2013

Sunny Tuesday - yes, really!

Hi folks,
 
Not much to share today as I've been practising with my new Spectrum Noir pens and colouring a lot of images so nothing much has gotten finished.
 
Today, we're waiting in for the A/C contractor to call and fit a new part to our A/C - we've been aware of a slow leak and the A/C's been struggling to keep the homestead cool - to those who know me personally they will KNOW how much this kills me, I don't really "DO" heat! Here's hoping he turns up earlier rather than later!
 
Last night saw us dining out at our local Applebees. Now, when Wynneth and Tom were here late last year they had a very sub standard meal at this establishment but, we thought we would give them another chance ......... and they redeemed themselves admirably with a very tasty selection of hot meals served well and in a timely fashion - all of which was lacking with W&T's meal - sorry chaps, you really MUST have caught them on a bad night. Their current meal deal is two for $24, a shared appetiser and a main course each ...... so, it was potato twists (chips and dips really, but the dip was DELISH!) followed by a half rack of ribs and a yummy chicken dish for my hubby - no room for dessert so we left that till later and nipped in to Publix for some ice cream on the way home! Half fat though - that better?
 
I don't about you lot but, if you use alcohol markers, is it just me that has trouble with reds bleeding more than any other colour? I've tried Pro Markers, Copics, Marvy and now Spectrum Noir .... the deeper reds ALL BLEED!!! How weird is that? Now I know that this latest project was stamped on to lower quality paper but honestly?, there is NO WAY I could have used this image without close cutting out. As it is you can still just see a discolouration around the bag! You should have seen it before I used the blender pen too. I'm not sure who the image is by, part of me wants to say Penny Black but I'm not quite SURE that the face is right for PB so ..... if anyone knows please let me know. She IS cute though. EDITED TO READ: Thanks to the lovely Rosie, I've found out that the image is by the Wild Rose Studio - thanks for the info Rosie
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • ATC Blank
  • Kaisercraft "arty" image stamped using Versamark ink and pan pastels in Diarylide yellow and Permanent red applied, buffed and set with hairspray
  • WILD ROSE STUDIO "Night Out" (sadly, now discontinued) image stamped using a permanent black ink on to white card
  • Alcohol markers used to colour image before cutting out close
  • Crystal and Platinum stickles used to highlight
 
Happy Tuesday, readers - the sun is shining its little socks of here and I hope the sun is shining where you are too!


6 comments:

Lilian said...

Great image Kathy. I find that the poppy red does bleed. Glad you said that I know its not me now, Hugs
lilian

scrappyjacky said...

I wouldn't have noticed the 'bleeding' bag if you hadn't mentioned it....but I have noticed the bleeding power of reds!!!
You might need to sit down....but...it's not only sunny here today....but actually quite hot.

Debs M said...

love this Kathy...hmm not sure about the stamp but yes the reds do bleed! x

Craftyrose said...

It's a wild rose studio image. I have that stamp...

Kathyk said...

Thanks so much for that info Rosie. She's so cute I might have to see if I can still get hold of her.

Kathyk

Brenda Brown said...

Glad you had a good meal, hope your AC is sorted.
Hugs Brenda xox