Thursday, 4 April 2013

Thursday and a get well wish

Morning all,

I'm away from my desk at the moment as hubby and I are taking one of our pals in to hospital this morning. She's having an operation today, on the cartilage to one knee and we wish her all the best for the fullest and speediest of recoveries. Of course, it meant setting the alarm (almost unheard of in our house these days) for stupid o'clock as she had to be at the hospital for 07:00!!! It was still dark AND we beat those blooming crows that seem to act as voluntary alarm clocks every couple of days! This morning they were on our roof but HAH! we didn't care because we were already up!! It was -1°c so had to leave the house earlier than planned - to defrost the car - brrrrrrrrrrr

Needless to say, I am sure it will all turn out just great for her but I made her a card to let her know we wish her well and which I can now share with you, despite having made it almost two weeks ago!

 


Materials used:
  • 12½cm square 250 gsm white card and matching sized envelope
  • Offcut of white card swiped with Distress Ink: shabby shutters and picked raspberry
  • Inkyliscious striped image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink on to coloured panel
  • Silver mirri card for matting
  • Imagine That sentiment stamped directly on to the base card using Versafine onyx black ink

And there you have what I reckon to be the perfect get well card for my extremely minimalist pal! I have, as per my usual habit, carried the design across and on to the insert and envelope. I don't often make more than one of any design but I was very taken with this design and colour combination ... so ....



Materials used:
  • As above card with the exception of using squeezed lemonade instead of shabby shutters and the sentiment, although it IS also by Imagine That!

This is for a pal due to have an operation imminently and we hope that will go brilliantly too.


Happy Thursday, readers


6 comments:

clare said...

fab cards. i am sure both pals will love them. hope you soon recover from that early start! x

Denise said...

Love your card! All the best for your dear friend.
Love
Denise
xox

Chris said...

Very striking card, Kathy! Hope your friend makes a speedy recovery!
Chris
x

Brenda Brown said...

You were up early and out, brr so cold here too.
Great cards to give to people.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Viv's Visuals said...

These are fab Kathy, - I'd forgotten there were 2 seven o'clocks in a day too!!!!

Katiejane said...

I can see why you wanted to create more, it's a great Cas design. Fingers crossed the operation was a success and I wish your friend a speedy recovery.
She/he is very lucky to have you.
Katie