Thursday, 25 April 2013

Thursday - it's Woody's day!

Hi everyone,
 
Another sunny day here in paradise, warm too though a little on the muggy side but I'm going to try not to sound ungrateful!

Yesterday I was out for the day with my good friend and neighbour, Sally. She took me to a few places as she had things on her list whereas I had nothing .... so it shouldn't come as a huge surprise to you to find out that, aside from lunch, I bought NOTHING. Not so exceptional until I say that we even went in to Michaels and I STILL BOUGHT NOTHING! I even gave Sally my 40% discount coupon as she wanted some paints! Ah well, it was a nice half day with Sally and good to catch up. We lunched at Toojays gourmet deli at Doctor Phillips where I ordered a philly steak sandwich. Now I wouldn't say the portions were big but ....... I ate little of the coleslaw, just a couple of bites of the bread and even left some fries!!! Boy oh boy, it was tasty and ..... big? doesn't come close to describing the portion!! We rolled out of the place! Thanks Sally, for chauffeuring.
 
And now on to the craft front - my love of this new stamp seems set to continue and today's make shows it against a different background ..... I've used a basic design adapted from a sketch utilised some time ago on the Simply Less Is More challenge blog as I love both its simplicity and versatility - thanks Chrissie and Mandi. I'm an avid fan of this CAS challenge blog and try to enter every week though I've been a little lax of late and behind with my commenting since I took on a Design Team commitment as I find myself with a little less spare time - so, apologies to my fellow LIM-ettes. And, guess what? NO Spectrum Noir pens were utilised in this card - that's a first for a few days!, though I AM still making headway with using up some of the card offcuts we crafters seem to accumulate such truckloads of!
 
You can see the matching envelopes behind) it's the back of the envelope you can see
Materials used:
  • Michaels white C5 card - not sure of the weight but my guess is about 230 gsm - not my preferred weight hence the extra layers, to give it extra weight/strength! and a matching sized envelope
  • White card (Rymans 200 gsm) panel with a corner treatment from a Martha Stewart PATP corner punch - sorry, it hardly shows in the photo - but see if the larger close up shows it any better below!
  • Black, Kraft and tan card panels edged with the punch to  match the corner detail and layered
  • White card panel swiped with Distress Ink in tea dye
  • Hero Arts cityscape image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
 
I've left the sentiment off as I think this could be a really versatile card for many occasions (also would fit as a card for either sex) and will stamp an appropriate sentiment when I decide where it's going! As to the corner details - see if you can see more here .....
 
 
 
Over on two forums I belong to it is Rudolph Day when a Christmas card challenge is set every month (except December) in order to help you make your required number of Christmas cards without that last minute panic!!! Sounds like a great idea doesn't it?
 
On the Craftbubble group Craft Mad and Loving It the challenge is set by Lauren and is "ELF and happiness to you"!!!
 
And on the Auntys forum? Their challenge is scheduled to be set by Karen
 
I suspect that the links to the two Rudolph Day challenge forums will only work if you are a member of the forums AND are logged in but hey - try them anyway!
 
Have a fantabulous Thursday, as for me, as it says in the post title "It's Woody's Day" We're off to try a new (to us) restaurant, called Woodys, in WinterHaven - will let you know if it's worth a re-visit!


7 comments:

clare said...

another great card with that fab stamp.

scrappyjacky said...

Lovely card,Kathy. I'm afraid I haven't made a single christmas card yet!!!
And....it's actually HOT here today....yay!

Lauren Hatwell said...

Oh how I loved Winterhaven. Enjoy Woody's. Look forward to a blow by blow account later.

I, too, am smitten with that gorgeous stamp. Love today's card. It's perfect for just about anything, I'd say.

Catch you later Purple Pal.

Lx

catherine said...

This is a great card kathy and it is a fab image. glad you enjoyed your day with your friend and lunch sounded great!!
x catherine

Debs M said...

love this Kathy x

Brenda Brown said...

Great stamp and design Kathy. Hope you enjoyed the new restaurant.
Hugs Brenda xox

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

OK . . . so we have RAIN today . . . I am very envious of your location and weather!!!

LOVE this card and I agree . . . it could be used for either sex.

Enjoy trying your restaurant out.

Hugs
Sarn xxx