Tuesday, 9 April 2013

Tuesday and the week is getting away from me again!

Morning all,

Busy day for me so just a flying visit today ....... after a busy weekend I really haven't yet quite recovered and hardly know what day it is - I have to keep looking at my watch to assure myself it's Tuesday!

One item to share with you today - a CAS entry for the Simply Less Is More blog where this week's challenge is "LIME and BLACK" - now I NORMALLY make this entry right away on a Saturday morning but two things stopped me this week, one of which was lack of time and the other lack of inspiration! It cannot be because I don't like lime and black .... because I do, perhaps the mojo was going walkabout. I had just been given some fab images but I rather struggled to see the Stampers Anonymous "Time Traveller" in lime and black!!!


Materials used:
  • 13½cm square 250 gsm white card and matching sized envelope
  • Versacolour lime mini pad applied (by eye) dtp
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Versacolour onyx black ink
  • JOFY image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Twinkling H2O in green and yellow (mixed to achieve the different lime) and used to paint the image

However, having been back and looked at this and just horribly afraid that the mojo has really gone walkabout - with apologies to my fellow LIM-ettes who have, no doubt, done a fabulous job with their own entries as Chrissie and Jen have done with their Design Team makes. I still maintain that you cannot simply "dash off" a CAS simple card and the above is an example of what happens when you do! I WILL try to have another go before the challenge expires but this week is not going to get much less busy and my commenting is falling by the wayside too - if I don't visit your blog then please be assured that it's NOT because I don't like your work.

Anyway grovelling excuses over and it's time to head off.

Just before I go, some of my dear readers have asked me to pass on get well wishes for my pal who recently had surgery ...... she's asked me to thank you and to assure you she's making a brilliant recovery having already been out and driving, without issue - she's ready to take on the World once more!!!

Have a great Tuesday peeps


14 comments:

Lilian said...

Nice card Kathy. Love te green. Glad yuor pal is on the mend. Hugs
lilian

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous card Kathy, and the week is getting away from me too! Jo x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

LOVE this card. It speaks to me!

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Jen said...

fabulous sentiment and i Love how you use the Lime and Black. Thanks for joining us this week
Jen
"Less Is More"

Lauren Hatwell said...

What a fabulous card. I love it. It would work beautifully with the flower in pink or purple too wouldn't it. You could do a whole set! Yum!

Lx

Chris said...

Well, Kathy, I think this looks great! I agree with you, sometimes it's a lot harder to do 'minimal' than it is to do 'fancy'!
Have a great day!
Chris
x

Sue Bridesmith said...

It,s a lovely card Kathy, No believe me your mojo has not gone walkabout...
Hugs
Suzy B :)
Xx

Chrissie said...

This looks terrific Kathy...really trendy!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

catherine said...

makes for a really stylish card kathy. the colours look great together
x catherine

Elizabeth said...

Hi Kathy, I like your card - the warm fuzzy 'squares' of lime green are terrific. I agree, it's not possible to 'dash off' a CAS card, well not for me anyway - it took 3 attempts and a good few false starts before I thought my attempt was 'good enough' to submit! Elizabeth xx

Darnell J Knauss said...

I don't want you to be startled tomorrow so I'm just going to be strong and tell you straight away that tomorrow is Wednesday already and time for another WOYWW. Geez, Kathy, get a grip. I could hear you gasp all the way over here! You could stop breathing from such a sudden violent intake as that!!

If you should do, just know that I think you've left the world with a very mod and whimsical warm and fuzzie LIM card and I thank you for that!!

Lacelady said...

Your mojo might have got delayed, but it was worth the wait. I love this card!

Brenda Brown said...

Now that would have been a different combination of colours and stamps.
hugs {brenda} xox

Jenni's Jems said...

Doesn't look like your mojo went walkabout to me.... this a fabulous!!! x