Wednesday, 17 April 2013

Welcome to another What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

And it's the typical (for me anyway) messy desk but look, I have a new light!!! Pinched from the lounge for the duration!
 
 
 
Well, you could have blown me down with a feather Sunday evening when the I.T. Department (aka the husband) started to play with our new burglar alarm ...... how blooming clever is this? A WEATHER FORECAST!!!
 
 
 
And now for some crafting ........ I used a sketch (from memory - it was actually sketch #6, I checked!) that was used on the Simply Less Is More challenge blog some time ago - I seem to recall that I loved it then and and made about four entries for that challenge too. AND it's plainly stayed in my head too!, thanks Chrissie and Mandi!
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 12cm square white, 250 gsm card and matching sized envelope
  • Black card panel edged using the edging punch from a Martha Stewart PATP set
  • White card panel swiped with Distress Inks: weathered wood and faded jeans
  • Water spritzed on D.I.panel, allowed to develop and then blotted with paper towel
  • Kaisercraft image stamped on to D.I.panel using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Clearly Wordsworth sentiment stamped on to base card using Versafine onyx black ink

As is my usual habit these days a co-ordinated insert was made using the same layers, D.I.'s, edging punch and stamps - yee haa - a  masculine card methinks?

 
 
And lastly, I made this card last week but wanted to wait until it had been received before posting on my bloggy. I heard it had arrived safely with crafting buddy, Mary, so ..... here it is.




Materials used:
  • C6, 250 gsm Kraft card and matching sized envelope
  • Black card for matting and an offcut edged using a Fiskars edging punch
  • White card panel and an offcut edged using a Fiskars edging punch
  • Inklyicious "wedges/rays" images inked using Brilliance purple and pink
  • Fiskars sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Black and white bakers twine tied in a knot centrally

I sent this card to Mary with a back issue of Craft Stamper as Mary had said she couldn't get hold of them easily in Kansas and was curious to see what us Brits were always raving about!! NOW she knows!!! Happy browsing Mary!

Found out I was an honorable mention over on the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown too - yee  haa!




Happy Wednesday - it'll soon be the weekend!

5 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Love that first card,Kathy.
Does the burglar alarm also tell you which weather burglars prefer....and the chances of them coming on any particular day!!!!

Debs M said...

great makes Kathy - it is a fab sketch! well done on your honourable mention too x

Brenda Brown said...

Love that card a gorgeous design. Can I borrow your IT technician to sort out virginmedia?
Hugs {brenda} x0x

Lilian said...

Great cards Kathy. Well done on The Honorable mention. Hugs
lilian

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

That is one clever burglar alarm! Does it make Tea too?

Really like both cards you've shown us today.

I'm taking it you're now in foreign climes? xxxx