Saturday, 27 April 2013

What?!?!?! A second post? AGAIN, this is starting to look like a pattern!!

Well, here I am again with my second post of the day ....... couldn't wait to get cracking on the lovely Jen's fab sketch presented this morning over on the Simply Less Is More blog so, without further ado, here is my card ........ hope you like it.
 
 
Materials used:
  • 12.5cm square white, 250 gsm card
  • Kraft, black and white card offcuts for matting and layering - still trying to use scraps!! Yee Haa
  • Distress Ink in dusty concorde swiped across the white panel
  • Impression Obsession foliage image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Inkadinkado sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Two faux crystal gemstones to embellish
The sketch? Here it is again and we were instructed to retain their chosen orientation ....
 
 
I didn't get the opportunity to enter the LIM challenge last week and I didn't get to comment on more than the odd one or two entries either, which is not my norm - it's a fab challenge and always gets lots of very creative entries. Sorry to my fellow LIM-ettes, sadly, this week is so busy that I'm not going to get many chances to comment this week either so here's my blanket comment ..... "WOW! fab cards from you ALL".

I also bought a pom pom maker yesterday ...... we usually put something on our antennae to identify the car in the parking lot!! SO, with a further investment of $1.97 in some wool and .....
 
 
 
And the pom pom maker itself - easy peasy!
 
 
If you missed my earlier post then please feel free to check it out here
 
Otherwise, have a great Saturday

22 comments:

Monica said...

It is a lovely card and I like the the two gems on the sides. Also like the background you created.

Sue said...

Beautiful LIM card, Kathy!

Sue Bridesmith said...

Lovely Card Kathy, and lovely pom poms......
Hugs
Suzy B :-)
Xx

Bea said...

Great card Kathy - love the monochrome effect

My name is Wynneth said...

Fabulous Purpliscious LIM creation young Kathy, I do love the DI dragging technique and that image never fails to look amazing.

Sorry I haven't dropped by here much lately - as you can tell by the CMLI posts, it's taking all my time to keep an eye on 'You know Who' and all the mischief he's getting up to LOL I will catch up as soon as I can.

Sounds like you're having a busy time, hoping you're fitting in some crafting too ! Great idea to invest in the Pom Pom maker, always useful !
luv
wynneth
x

laurie said...

Love the swiped ink look...great card!

clare said...

love that card, fab image and great way of matting it too...kraft and black. so what is your next pom pom project then kathy!! x

Debs M said...

love the swiped effect and that stamp is fabby - love this card x

Debs M said...

whoops forgot to say - great pom pom x

Chris said...

Gorgeous CAS card, Kathy ANd it's purple! Love that stamp!
Chris
x

catherine said...

Love the card Kathy and a great background. Loved making Pom Poms when I was a kid.
x catherine

Violets Corner said...

Very beautiful card Kathy, love the colours.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Susan said...

Ahhh....soothing purples...very pretty card, Kathy!

Margaret said...

Gorgeous Kathy
Margaret x

froebelsternchen Susi said...

fabulous CAS card and I love your little pom pom s!

xxx
Susi

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

YEP - this is MY kinds of card Kathy. Love it to bits xxx

Lizy Bartaby said...

This is so lovely Kathy! I love the colour and the monochrome effect. Great idea with the pom-pom too! :)
Lizy xx

Claudia said...

Hi Kathy, what a fantastic take on the current LIM-Challenge, this looks stunning.

Hugs Claudia

Chrissie said...

This is simply terrific Kathy!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Cathy said...

Great card, love the image and the background effect :)

Jen said...

super cute eve!!

Fabulous interpretation of my Sketch. Thanks for joining us this week
Jen
"Less Is More"

Jen said...

sorry kathy :-( I can't read!!!