Wednesday, 3 April 2013

Whats On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Hi folks,

3rd of April? ALREADY? and time to look at my desk but first ....... my May issue of Craft Stamper landed on the mat. As is my habit I sat down with a cuppa (despite the fact our post arrived at 14:00 yesterday!!!) and flicked through the magazine. I was taken with one item and thought I would have a go ..... you know what it's like! I didn't have EXACTLY the materials used in the magazine article ... but close-ish, besides which - I COULDN'T WAIT!

Anyway, this was the first attempt - pretty cool but (to my mind) too faint or colours too similar


And this was the second attempt - too large a focal design, obscuring my lovely image beneath




Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • 13 cm square grape card panel (for both)
  • 12½ cm square white card panel (for both)
  • Colorbox Heliotrope ink swiped across the lower right  of the white card panel (for both)
  • Kaisercraft "bubble wrap" image stamped using Colorbox Violet ink on top of the coloured panel (on both)
  • Creative Expressions chicken wire inked with Memento grape jelly and randomly inked on top card only
  • Kaisercraft "Art" image inked using Versafine onyx black and stamped over the coloured panel (hmmm - NOT my best move perhaps as I felt it obscured too much of what was beneath!) - bottom card only
  • Imagine That sentiment stamped on to both cards using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Three lilac faux crystal gemstones on the top card only
So, I reckon that the first one needed a stronger colour for the chicken wire and the second worked better (with the black) but the design obscured a bit too much of the layers beneath - ah well, still a work in progress - let's hope that the third attempt will, in true Goldilocks fashion be "just right" - Hmmmm, want to see the article that inspired me?



And now, here's my work desk .... which, I think, needs a radical tidy (again) before any more crafting can take place. The Orange Xyron sticker maker is empty so needs a refill and that's why it is is still out .... but the rest? Who knows?!?!? Wish me luck ........ I'm going in ........ well, perhaps after another coffee to fortify the spirit! and maybe a chat to a pal who may need cheering up a bit today.


Before I go, it just remains for me to wish two blogging/crafting buddy's a great big
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Cherry and Lilian - I hope you both have a memorable day.


Happy Wednesday everyone, make it a good one


7 comments:

Lacelady said...

I prefer the second attempt Kathy, and love your inspiration - what about a bit of gold embossing somewhere?

scrappyjacky said...

I actually prefer the first one....I like the muted feel of it.
We will [hopefully] be getting to Stroud this year....will,of course, contact you if we going to make it.

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

I like that you didn't give up! I like the second one better. No point clearing up . . . you'll just get it all out again! xxx

Cherry said...

Thank you Kathy. Loving both for different reasons. Always great to be inspired and then play. I can only see two pics, not sure whether it is me in Skye or your blog?! Hugs Cherry Xxxxx

Kathyk said...

Third attempt will probably appear on my blog either tomorrow or Friday!!

Kathyk

catherine said...

This looks so good Kathy and layered up really well. Still waiting for my copy to come
x catherine

Lilian said...

They look good kathy, Thank you for you birthday wishes, Spent morning Helping Lovely Ron unblock the kitchen sink and the afternoon shredding old bills and the like.
Hugs
lilian