Friday, 12 April 2013

Woo Hoo - it's almost the weekend!!

I have absolutely NO IDEA where this week has gone or last week either, for that matter. I plan on just chillin' this weekend though I suspect we may be dining with friends tomorrow - we shall see.

Last night we managed to try a new Mexican restaurant, called Chuy's, gr8 food and service and THE weirdest chandeliers ......... constructed from ducting and hub caps!!!!!!

Not much going on here yet but I do have one item to share. I wasn't displeased with my LIM entry for the lime and black challenge over on Simply Less Is More but I did think I ought to be able to do something I felt better about .... so I had another go ....



Materials used:
  • 300 gsm white scallop edged 5" x 8" card and matching sized envelope
  • Black card for matting and white card to fit
  • Kaisercraft bubble wrap and Inkylicious "splat" stamped using Versacolour lime ink
  • Hero Arts sentiment and Lavinia flora stamped using Versafine onyx black ink

What do you think? Better ...... or not? I like it better. I actually made this card on Monday but didn't want to post too many at once. When I posted my first entry on the LIM blog I spotted an entry about 10 or so in front of my own which used genuine bubble wrap (instead of the Kaisercraft version I used!) - want to see how hers turned out? Check it here

And now, for this weeks Friday Funny, I got it off Pat - thanks Pat!!! ENJOY

It came in e-mail form and explains, CLEARLY, the perils of aging:


Someone had to remind me, so I'm reminding you, too. Don't laugh....It is all true!

There ARE Perks of reaching 50 or being over 60 And heading towards 70 or beyond!


1. Kidnappers are not very interested in you.

2. In a hostage situation, you are likely to be released first.

3. No one expects you to run-- anywhere.

4. People call at 9 PM (or 9 AM) and ask, 'Did I wake you?'

5. People no longer view you as a Hypochondriac.

6. There is nothing left to learn the hard way.

7. Things you buy now won't wear out.

8. You can eat Supper at 4 PM.

9. You can live without sex, but not your glasses.

10. You get into heated arguments about pension plans.

11. You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.

12. You quit trying to hold your stomach in no matter who walks into the room.

13. You sing along with elevator music.

14. Your eyes won't get much worse.

15. Your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to pay off.

16. Your joints are more accurate meteorologists than the national weather service.

17. Your secrets are safe with your friends because they can't remember them either.

18. Your supply of brain cells is finally down to a manageable size.

19. You can't remember who sent you this list.


And you notice these are all in big print for your convenience!!! Forward this to everyone you can remember right now!


AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING? Never, NEVER, NEVER, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill, and a laxative on the same night!

Have a fantabulous weekend all


10 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Love the sentiment,Kathy...perfect with that image.
And the funny brought a smile!!

Lauren Hatwell said...

Morning Your Purpleness

In all honesty, I love your card BUT I loved the other one too. Both winners in my eyes. I reckon you've nailed the challenge one way or the other.

Great Friday Funny. Made me smile (with relief).

lx

clare said...

fab card kathy and your funny friday thing made me laugh! x

Cherry said...

Gorgeous card, love the stamps and in combination they are fabulous. Laughed muchly at your FF - so much to look forward to. Hugs Cherry xxxx

Debs M said...

fabulous card and love the ff x

catherine said...

I think this one looks just as brilliant as the other one you did Kathy. the colours go so well together. Hope you have a good and relaxing weekend. great Friday Funny this week too
x catherine

Chrissie said...

Love this one Kathy!
Thanks as ever!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Brenda Brown said...

Great card and funny funny.Have a good weekend yourselves.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Lacelady said...

I love the 'sending warm fuzzies' sentiment, and both cards you used it on. I like them both, equally.

Claudia said...

Hi Kathy, this car is simply fantastic. Love it! Thanks also for your lovely comment.

Hugs and a wonderful Sunday
Claudia