Saturday, 25 May 2013

Another post? Blimey - HOW keen?!?!??!?

Must stop doing this - two posts in one day, thought I'd cured myself but ..... apparently not!

It's RUDOLPH DAY all over blogland today and I'm back with a card which fits two challenges .... first challenge is the Craft Mad and Loving It challenge which has a BINGO card (see my earlier post here) - I went with the top line which meant I had to use a "maiden" (previously un-inked stamp), glitter, a die cut shape and snow! The second is the May embellishment challenge over on the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown blog which meant I also had to use BAKERS TWINE - no problem!!! I'm not sure whether the lovely peeps over at CASology will allow this card as an entry to their ROYAL challenge - but I'm sur ethey'll let me know if not .....



Materials used:
  • 14cm square, white, 300 gsm scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square ROYAL blue holographic card with narrow black card border
  • Turquoise pearlised card die cut in to a scalloped rectangle
  • Craft Stamper free snowflake image stamped on to die cut circle using Memento Paris dusk ink
  • Slightly larger die cut circle cut from white card and then coloured with a co-ordinating pro marker
  • Two lengths of blue/white bakers twine knotted in the centre
  • Simply sentiments #155 sentiment stamped on to white card using memento tuxedo black and frame stamped using memento Paris dusk - cut out
  • Modelling past applied to framed sentiment using a small plastic spatula (to simulate snow settled) and then crystal glamour dust liberally sprinkled before setting aside to dry
  • Crystal stickles used to highlight the snowflake too

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday - after all, it's ALMOST warm enough to BBQ!!!!

10 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

OooooOOOOOOoooohhhhhhhh! THAT is LOVELY. I really like it. Fab card Your Purpleness. Well worth a second post. Lx

Cheryl said...

oh gosh Hun just love this,the colours and design brilliant,
bless you for your comment hun,and for staying with me all my love hugs Cherylxxxxxx

catherine said...

This looks great Kathy and lovely royal blue
x catherine

Mynnette said...

LOVE all that gorgeous wintry blue, Kathy! The mirri card is amazing and I LOVE that beautiful snowflake stamp! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Love the ROYAL Blue shiny paper. Thank you for sharing with us this week at CASology!

Lilian said...

Kathy. Love the card, The colour is lovely but you know I love b;ue,
Hugs
lilian

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Looks like Royal blue to me, so it qualifies! lol! Snowflakes and shine are my favourite parts of Christmas cards, so this one's right up my alley! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Deborah Frings said...

Wow! What a wonderful Royal Blue! Love the pretty snowflake ornament, the twine ties it on perfectly! Thanks for playing along with 52CCT this week!

Danielle Vincent said...

The snowflake is gorgeous and I love the blue mirrored look. So pretty. thanks for joining us this week at 52CCT!

Ruth M said...

I love how the twine fits round the scallops and the snowflake is gorgeous! A wonderful Christmas card Kathy! Thanks so much for playing along with us at 52 {C}CT! Ruth x